@Pendragon, a sincere plea from a banned player

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

facetious

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurmoudy View Post
Except you failed on two things lol

First. I didnt want to bring real life crimes into this, you did lol. I even posted in this thread "i dont like bringing real life crimes into this"

Second, your assuming that Im a repeatedly warned offender. I am not.
Failed? I brought in a real-world analogy because you're having difficulty understanding the virtual-world reality. You can't understand something as simple as "if you are intentionally toxic, you will be removed from the community".

I do not have to assume you are repeatedly warned to come to the conclusion that you should be permabanned. Let's say you have to commit X toxic acts in order to get permabanned. The average permaban might be given to a player that commits X toxic acts over the course of a year being warned once and regular-banned twice in the interim.

You have simply committed all X acts on a shortened timeline, causing them to not even bother with the warnings and time bans.

Banking on the "get out of jail free" card is not a good way to live your life, nor is it a good way to operate within an online community. You deserve your permaban.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Haha, I'll let you know eventually.
Ofc, he's Making Teemo skins .


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lemurmoudy

Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienwizard View Post
its not a straw man when the OP started the discussion with the example in question lol.

Well i guess it technically still is, but more justified lol.
Yeah it as a pretty bad example XD . He started off with the murder analogy so I got kinda baited into it XD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OBITWIZZLE

Senior Member

11-09-2012

If it's true that he wasn't banned or even warned, I think permaban is a bit harsh.

Of course you know speeding is illegal, but you keep doing it til you get warned or ticketed. You don't get your head lopped off because you've sped 150 times before and only got pulled over once...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

facetious

Senior Member

11-09-2012

It's not the frequency at which you speed, it's the severity. Speeding 50km/h over the limit gets you permabanned from driving. If you're going to try to keep using the analogy, you need to at least understand it. :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OBITWIZZLE

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by facetious View Post
It's not the frequency at which you speed, it's the severity. Speeding 50km/h over the limit gets you permabanned from driving. If you're going to try to keep using the analogy, you need to at least understand it. :/
That's entirely false. I got pulled over for doing 88mph in a 55mph zone. That's 33mph which is around 53 km/h. I got a WARNING, not a ticket, no court appearance, certainly no lost license.

Good try, but, you're wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

facetious

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBITWIZZLE View Post
That's entirely false. I got pulled over for doing 88mph in a 55mph zone. That's 33mph which is around 53 km/h. I got a WARNING, not a ticket, no court appearance, certainly no lost license.

Good try, but, you're wrong.
Just because you live in a ridiculous country doesn't mean that reasonable laws don't exist somewhere in the world.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alienwizard

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurmoudy View Post
Yeah it as a pretty bad example XD . He started off with the murder analogy so I got kinda baited into it XD
Personally i cannot condone Riot overturning Perma-bans cause it sets a bad precedence for anyone that has been rightfully banned to rage and get theirs back too.

But your attitude throughout this thread has been great. So i at least feel for you man.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stark6000

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Haha, I'll let you know eventually.

I'd love to apply to that MBA opening if it wasn't based on an LA office. No job is worth living in LA.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unibrownie

Senior Member

11-09-2012

I do not feel bad at all that this toxic player is permabanned. I've played this game for years, dealt with greatest of trolls and still haven't been even reported once. You know why? Because I don't rage or attack people in any regard. So to OP....go **** urself.