Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Pendragon, a sincere plea from a banned player

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saint Kaizz

11-08-2012

Quote:
Pendragon:
Contrary to popular belief, I'm out of the ban-deciding game these days, although I will give an opinion.

My stance is:

- You knew your behavior was abysmal yet decided to act that way anyway
- You knew the potential consequences, you just thought you'd have a chance to get out of it before

Sounds like you were trying to get away with as much as you could and it bit you. I think that's pretty inexcusable. The Tribunal is one tool we have, but it's not the only tool.

The other tool being Morello? Lol I'm joking....

no seriously I was just joking...

Morello I love you....

Seriously don't ban me....

Morello!
Waht r u doooin?
Morello!
STAHP!

Lemurmoudy

11-08-2012

Quote:
nintendosh:
To be honest, those like you whom ruin games for others actually trying to win and have fun. You no longer belong in this community. I have faced so many trolls and I am tired of it. Stay out, you only contribute to the problem.

well no. I wasnt a troll. It was just my attitude was very very very bad. I would try to win TOO much instead of having fun, and that was the problem.

But you are right people like me should have been banned.

Lemurmoudy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Capital Galactic:
I'd say give the guy another chance, first time ban permaban?

how bad can it be? i've seen some real toxic players still playing

from what I understand it wasnt the content of what I said that was bad, it just came down to the one report for ever 39 games out of 100 that I played.

Lemurmoudy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Capital Galactic:
I'd say give the guy another chance, first time ban permaban?

how bad can it be? i've seen some real toxic players still playing

Thanks for the post <3

Veldashok

11-08-2012

I really want to be able to add a positive sentiment for you, Lemurmoudy, in the instance that my opinion helps your situation at all...

... But you didn't link your cases regarding the ban in question. Without it, I can't see how anybody can make an informed opinion about whether or not you deserved an insta-ban.

I bet your verbal abuse was pretty extreme for Riot to consider a special case. I also think that going public in an attempt to humiliate the reputation of Riot's judgement, (a decision done to protect the community from people like you), is a low blow when you could have sent in a ticket about it first.

Llann

11-08-2012

"I totally expected to get away with it and I didn't get away with it."

Life's not fair.

Lemurmoudy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Veldashok:
I really want to be able to add a positive sentiment for you, Lemurmoudy, in the instance that my opinion helps your situation at all...

... But you didn't link your cases regarding the ban in question. Without it, I can't see how anybody can make an informed opinion about whether or not you deserved an insta-ban.

I bet your verbal abuse was pretty extreme for Riot to consider a special case. I also think that going public in an attempt to humiliate the reputation of Riot's judgement, (a decision done to protect the community from people like you), is a low blow when you could have sent in a ticket about it first.

I wasnt offered a card. I have never been banned by the tribunal, or even warned. Was a straight ban

Lemurmoudy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Llann:
"I totally expected to get away with it and I didn't get away with it."

Life's not fair.

Except at that point in time i didnt think I was doing anything outragously bad. I had the mindset that if i was truly in the wrong, the tribunal would have stepped in.

Veldashok

11-08-2012

Quote:
Lemurmoudy:
I wasnt offered a card. I have never been banned by the tribunal, or even warned. Was a straight ban

Oh, well then.

You've got my vote then. That's uncalled for. There's a whole system in place designed to offer feedback to players who are acting out of line.

Considering you as a player had that knowledge that you would be notified of your offences, I can see how you would make the mistake of thinking you weren't causing enough damage to be punished.

I really want to be able to hate on you, guy... But in all honesty you deserve to be put through the system like everyone else. I can think of no good reason to make a special case out of you in this manner. It makes me think that someone out there specifically banned you out of fear that the system would take too long to remove you from the community, and I just can't see how that's ethical.

You probably don't deserve the mercy, since you knew what you were doing was clearly wrong. But you don't exactly deserve to be exempt from some sort of feedback before being banned. Surely you aren't the worst case ever.

Cuddlybearmewmew

11-08-2012

Yeah straight ban seems a litttttleeee to much. It would be like everyday you walk home across a field and then after walking across the field like 30 times you out of nowhere get arrested for multiple tresspassing...instead of just being told after like the first 6 to watch yourself....

I agree with the OP give him like a week or two ban given the severity...just instant bans are a bad idea.