@Pendragon, a sincere plea from a banned player

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lemurmoudy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam2795 View Post
I also think he should be given a second chance.
thank you means alot.

tempnameA461

11-08-2012

Funny.
When I made pretty much this exact same thread, this community tried to quarter me.

Lemurmoudy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
Funny.
When I made pretty much this exact same thread, this community tried to quarter me.
you will find in threads like these, a lot of the people posting are just as bad as the people banned XD

BloodAspe

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Swarm of Koala View Post
So what exactly do you do now?

He's busy dealing with dogs.

DoozleDorf

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Haha, I'll let you know eventually.
He's now like the Walmart Greeter, only he actually bakes muffins and cookies to hand out to the non-toxic player community. Although he has a terrible singing voice, he is rumored to sometimes lead rousing performances of Kumbaya and Why Can't We Be Friends?

True. Story.

ask him!

Elite Midget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Haha, I'll let you know eventually.
Who can we go to now for ban reports on the Forums? Many here enjoy it when those that were banned have their infractions revealed to the public, it humbles them.

Lemurmoudy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoozleDorf View Post
He's now like the Walmart Greeter, only he actually bakes muffins and cookies to hand out to the non-toxic player community. Although he has a terrible singing voice, he is rumored to sometimes lead rousing performances of Kumbaya and Why Can't We Be Friends?

True. Story.

ask him!
loled

Primanocte

11-08-2012

Quote:
Contrary to popular belief, I'm out of the ban-deciding game these days, although I will give an opinion.

My stance is:

- You knew your behavior was abysmal yet decided to act that way anyway
- You knew the potential consequences, you just thought you'd have a chance to get out of it before

Sounds like you were trying to get away with as much as you could and it bit you. I think that's pretty inexcusable. The Tribunal is one tool we have, but it's not the only tool.
You guys need to step up and have an actual process in place that you stick to when you handle player bans. It is absolutely ridiculous that you summarily perma banned the OP with no warning and no previous bans. I realize Riot isn't the government and they don't owe any of us due process, but the expectation of due process is ingrained into everyone in the U.S. and quite frankly I think its just basic human decency these days for people to receive due process regardless of the situation.

In this case it is particularly problematic because how else is the Summoner supposed to reform? I'm sure the OP knew his behavior was wrong but without any type of negative feedback from Riot the only conclusion can be that his behavior has not crossed the line into ban worthiness. Players need a set process to know where they stand with Riot. 4 steps should be sufficient, warning, temp ban, longer temp ban, perma ban. That should be sufficient process for all players. Unless someone is making death threats against another player, this is the process that needs to be strictly followed.

No one should be summarily permanently banned without having had prior warnings and temp bans. They should have every reasonable opportunity to be able to reform their behavior before they lose their account and all the money they've put into that account in support of Riot. Riot should aspire to be more than typical corporation they've turned into. This type of action against he OP is not worthy of the company Riot holds itself out to be. Unban this man. Let this be his a warning to him and let him know that he won't have another before you pull the plug for good on his account.

Carnn

11-08-2012

I'm a person who believes in second chances and people need to be given harsh punishments and wake up calls to show them the way they are behaving isn't right. Unless this guy literally spammed sexist, racist, homophobic abuse coupled with death threats every other game he was in, on the face of it - instantly being perma banned seems harsh. Although like all these threads we never have the full details.

Primanocte

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Carnavas View Post
I'm a person who believes in second chances and people need to be given harsh punishments and wake up calls to show them the way they are behaving isn't right. Unless this guy literally spammed sexist, racist, homophobic abuse coupled with death threats every other game he was in, on the face of it - instantly being perma banned seems harsh. Although like all these threads we never have the full details.
I agree. I'm assuming that if the OP had in fact been warned and had previous temp bans that Pendragon would have said something. Riot needs to give players due process before perma banning them.