@Pendragon, a sincere plea from a banned player

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SexySaluki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Haha, I'll let you know eventually.
can i have your job?

Doct0r Phil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurmoudy View Post
Yeah I understand what you are saying, but at the same time that feels like I wouldnt have to work for anything...it would just be a OK CLEAN SLATE LETS PARTY thing, as opposed to knowing im on thin ice so i could actually put good effort into helping.
So, if I read this correctly, the only driving factor for you would be because you are on "thin ice" as opposed to the many people that you could possibly hurt within the game?

To me, that's sad. That's why your "change" wouldn't stick. People that have poor perspective don't change.....especially ones that are center focused. You don't see the impact you have had on others within the game....you are more focused on the punishment and how it impacts you.

That's selfish. Bottom line. People like you have completely ruined my games before. I have had to take breaks from the game because it gets so frustrating dealing with people that say "gg" at 5 minutes, raging, swearing, sarcasm, condescention, negative attitudes, and just down right jerks.

Take responsibility for what you have DONE to others. Who cares what happened to you?

Kalaminator

11-08-2012

Tribunal works enjoy your ban. Thanks to your ban, you probably started to think logically, so hope your account to keep banned, and start again. Hope you really changed your attitude and can have fun with the community.

Lemurmoudy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalaminator View Post
Tribunal works enjoy your ban. Thanks to your ban, you probably started to think logically, so hope your account to keep banned, and start again. Hope you really changed your attitude and can have fun with the community.
Except I want banned by the tribunal...Seriously did no one think to read the thread? Just jump on the bandwagon...my god.

blackraven1425

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Contrary to popular belief, I'm out of the ban-deciding game these days, although I will give an opinion.

My stance is:

- You knew your behavior was abysmal yet decided to act that way anyway
- You knew the potential consequences, you just thought you'd have a chance to get out of it before

Sounds like you were trying to get away with as much as you could and it bit you. I think that's pretty inexcusable. The Tribunal is one tool we have, but it's not the only tool.
Working in moderation at another company, we never give permanent bans on the first go around. Sometimes they don't make it through every level that we have, but they definitely get a warning before they're gone forever. Pretty much everyone has the same characteristics as you've laid out, but jumping from zero to permaban is extreme if it's for behavior (obviously you don't have a choice but to permaban if the user is under 13) - we've only done it once in an extraordinarily sensitive situation.

Lemurmoudy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven1425 View Post
Working in moderation at another company, we never give permanent bans on the first go around. Sometimes they don't make it through every level that we have, but they definitely get a warning before they're gone forever. Pretty much everyone has the same characteristics as you've laid out, but jumping from zero to permaban is extreme if it's for behavior (obviously you don't have a choice but to permaban if the user is under 13) - we've only done it once in an extraordinarily sensitive situation.
Meh different company different rules. Sucks but what it is

Besteality

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knock X3 Penny View Post
Who cares what happened to you?
Not to contradict because many of your points are valid....

But isn't this line the cause of so much of the toxicity you are denouncing?

ap pls

11-08-2012

gg owned, nice try sucking up in your other post, go make that new account and work from the bottom like you said you will.

Lemurmoudy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besteality View Post
Not to contradict because many of your points are valid....

But isn't this line the cause of so much of the toxicity you are denouncing?
lol almost every other post like this is snarky. Zileas does the exact same thing. and not a peep.

ZeroKuno

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurmoudy View Post
lol almost every other post like this is snarky. Zileas does the exact same thing. and not a peep.
What does Zileas do? Please elaborate since I do find Zileas pretty entertaining fighting against trolls who try to start anything with him.