Vayne build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrBreh

11-08-2012

Any suggestions for a build for Vayne before I blindly walk into a game and go 1-5?

Thanks!

GON the Mage Guy

11-08-2012

Depends on the game and who you're going up against.

Starting off:

If you have a healer, take Doran's Blade. If not, boots and health pots.

Generally if you're fairly slow in starting off with Vayne, pick up 1-2 Doran's Blades (2 if you already had one at the start) and decide if you need sustain or damage. If you're getting kicked around in game, and this will depend largely on your laning partner, pick up a Vampiric Scepter, then get a Bloodthirster. Finish your boots after that, usually Berzerker Greaves.

After that, you'll want to judge the other team. If it's a lot of tanky, rely more on your Silver Bolts and go for a Phantom Dancer. Otherwise, grab something like an Infinity Edge or a Black Cleaver.

Late game, you're wanting to hit fast and hard. You should have at least one Phantom Dancer built at this point, 2-3 damage items, and a defensive item, selling the Doran's Blades as you go. It also depends on what you're fighting. If you're dueling a lot, grab another Bloodthirster so you out-lifesteal them. If you're in teamfights mainly and going for high priority targets, consider a Wit's End for the extra bit of damage, MR, and good attack speed.

Typically I run Flash and Cleanse on her, just because she's auto attack dependent. It allows you to get through hairy situations where you're hit with Exhaust immediately starting a fight.

CounterSnipe

11-08-2012

I wouldn't start to learn any builds until the new patch comes out. Everything is going to change relative to how champions are built.

MrBreh

11-09-2012

When is the new patch coming out?

Nidilen

11-09-2012

Season 3 end is still undetermined!

So as far as builds go, just test out some that you might be fun! But I will share what I do in most games!

Boots=>Double Dorans=>Vamp scepter=>Tier 2 boots (grieves)=> B.F. sword=> (IE or bloodthirster) => Phantom dancer => (IE or blood thirster (the one you didnt buy)) => Another Phantom Dancer (or last whisper) => Guardians Angel!

(Sell the dorans when you can get the other items XD)

But remember what CounterSnipe said! Season 3 might change everything!

Happy Summoning!

~Nidilen

NoJay

11-09-2012

Starting builds

1-Dorans (Get this is you trust your healer and/or if you think there isnt going to be any early harass.)

2-Boots +3 (Standard start in this meta)

3-Cloth +5 (Start with this if you think you are gonna take a beating early game)

Build Paths

-Dorans/Boots+3/Cloth+5(sell cloth later on)
-Lvl1 Boots/Dorans
-Dorans/Vamp-scepter if harass heavy lane
-Lvl 2 boots
-Zeal
-Phantom
(This is where teamfighting phase should start)
-Bf Sword
-Vamp-scepter if not bought already
-Negatron for QSS/Straight out QSS if CC heavy team
-BT
-QSS if not Bought/IE if no need for QSS
-LW
-GA

Final Build=Bgreaves,Phantom,QSS(or IE),BT,LW,GA

Summoner Spells: Clense/Ignite +Flash/Ghost if they have a chaser

Have fun!

ScorchXBanister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

I would never recommend Doran's Blade on anything ever as a starting item. Even with a healer.

Vayne's one of the champions you can build Phantom Dancer first for, but she's a Bloodthirster carry. As opposed to Infinity Edge carries (Tristana) or Trinity Force carries (Ezreal)

You still end up with IE obviously, but Vayne does BT first

Boots3 -> 2Doran's -> Zerker -> BFSword/Zeal -> Bloodthirster/Phantom Dancer