Item Preview Tons of Mana, just one Tear

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taikero

11-08-2012

I am so excited for these item changes I could just pop!

Westlin

11-08-2012

So what happens to Manamune? Is it staying or going?

Gofure

11-08-2012

Singed is going to LOOOOOVE this!

Strawberrycocoa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Just curious, why no STAT upgrades when it shifts into Seraph Embrace? Concerns over gold-free stats?

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Interesting that you borrowed DotA's Medusa's Mana Shield and put it on an item---I like that =3

Not sure how to feel about this item to be honest; I think it'll be good on some champion (like Anivia and Ryze, of course), but it's going to take a very very long time to get there.

Also, would you be willing to show us a sneak peak of the new Manamune? I know you had more contempt for it than Tear and Archangels (and Morello already said you redid it =p) could you talk about that, as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberrycocoa View Post
Just curious, why no STAT upgrades when it shifts into Seraph Embrace? Concerns over gold-free stats?
Does it really need more stats? You can effectively shield yourself for 592 damage on Karthus with this item (or similar numbers for other high mana mages)---You thought it was hard to take out Anivia or Karthus before? It just got way harder. I'd also like to point out that this item is effectively better than old AA even before upgrade; old AA gave you 45 AP+42 AP from its 1400 mana (your champion mana can be ignored since the % is the same). New AA gives 60AP+30 AP; the only real thing we're losing out on here is the mana regeneration.

Left 4 Doge

11-08-2012

That's all well and good but what does this mean for Manamune? I know it's sort of a weird item for ADs but it still had niche use such as on Ryze Yorick and Blitz.

Hoofster

11-08-2012

Ap blitz with 2 mana based shields, oye that's gonna suck.

Makuo

11-08-2012

Basically it is a really bad version of Zhonyas that no one will buy except for Ryze maybe, and Ryze will be weaker than he was before because he loses mana from the deal so basically it's still a useless item.
Athenes Zhonyas GG

MandyMemory

11-08-2012

You mentioned Ashe, but didn't mention Manamune.

IncubusPhanto

11-08-2012

Anybody think this might replace Rod of Ages as the Stereotypical Singed Item?