Item Preview – Tons of Mana, just one Tear

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaoticHypnotic

11-15-2012

Fail. Considering how incredibly rare it is to fully charge an Archangel, the upgrade to Seraph is worthless.

TTTintillo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

I don't understand why the sudden nerf to the archangel. A normal build for Karthus was 5 of those and a Rabbadon. Now it's impossible, and there's no item that could compensate that. ¿Why did you made the 3% unique?

At least you should have made the percentage bigger, since the damage it will have until it is fully completed will be lower than the original Archangel's one. All because it's mana is lower in all instances, I know it might be cheaper, but it's still weaker than a fully charged archangel even if we count that shield.

Beliriel

11-16-2012

Singed op now!

Fishing Boat

11-20-2012

I love the new changes! You guys are doing exactly what you should be doing. I'm a bit curious about the new tear: On mana-per-second toggled abilities like Singed's poots and Amumu's sadness, will the cooldown coming up right on the third tick cause the internal cooldown to start immediately, or wait til the next tick? It could easily be changed either way with a very slight delay in either direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirding ways View Post
It occurs to me that unlike current AA, the bonus mana on seraphs isn't unique.
So ryze can stack 5 of these for a 5000 mana bonus (you'd probably want a void staff too though).
Ending up with 6240 mana, and 487 ap (300 from item, 187 from the 3% of your mana = ap passive).
Also a shield protecting up to 1560 damage.
Daaaaaayum
You could build Seraphs embrace, start over and build muramana, and then build into archangel's staff. That's a max of 3000 mana, from these items, not 5000. You could then build whatever else floats your boat, but it's rather simple for Riot to make sure that this doesn't get out of hand on Ryze, since they've given themselves quite a few levers to deal with the issue. They could, most simply, just reduce his mana ratios.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thryale View Post
Xyph, you make me sad. Now we will never be able to break the 1000 AP limit again.
Play Veigar with Deathcap, and you'll feel a bit better.

MetalicJive

11-20-2012

i dont like this too much

Call Me Fabled

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirding ways View Post
It occurs to me that unlike current AA, the bonus mana on seraphs isn't unique.
So ryze can stack 5 of these for a 5000 mana bonus (you'd probably want a void staff too though).
Ending up with 6240 mana, and 487 ap (300 from item, 187 from the 3% of your mana = ap passive).
Also a shield protecting up to 1560 damage.
Daaaaaayum
Effective HP would be incredibly low though, due to low armor/mr (at maximum, 100 on each I'd say). He would also have no magic penetration or cooldown reduction-- both crucial to Ryze. Building Seraph, maybe ROA (Buying tear+Catalyst is now viable, like Chalice+Catalyst is now if you're ahead). With Frozen heart, Banshee's Veil, Magic Pen. Boots, withk a situational item, will still be stronger than building 5 Seraph's Embrace. It would be viable as a "for fun" build, but would only REALLY be effective against bad players.

LKH0088

11-30-2012

I m quite confused because jayce's r and ashe's e doesnt cost mana but they gain the stack although they dont normally use tears of goddess

Meowlick

11-30-2012

Cap should have stayed at 1k for tear.