Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Item Preview – Tons of Mana, just one Tear

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eletale

11-08-2012

So Anivia's now safer? I don'r really follow the logic behind this item now. Also, AP Eve.

The MechE

11-08-2012

This is cool! I hope the new AA staff is viable in the upcoming season. I'm kind of bummed Blitzcrank would have a hard time charging a tear though. It'd be really cool to see him double passive :P

Rule665

11-08-2012

More than the item itself, i like the concept of evolving items and the possibilities that can come from this.

OJ191

11-08-2012

Annnd you just broke Ryze. Only lose 250 mana but gain a huge shield (like he wasn't already tanky enough...)!

EDIT: Xypherous, Seraphs Embrace probably needs the mana charge passive to prevent abuse in edge case super-long games.

CynicalGiant

11-08-2012

Quote:
OJ191:
Annnd you just broke Ryze. More damage from both mana and AP off AA staff AND a free shield.

Is it really free if it costs mana?

Xhandel

11-08-2012

Xypherous i have a question, what about the manaless AP champs (Kata, Morde, Vlad), do you have some items for them? or you leave them in the oblivion corner with the 700 AP cap (aprox) and the same build for these 3

OJ191

11-08-2012

Quote:
TheRadioGiant:
Is it really free if it costs mana?

When was the last time you saw a lategame - hell even midgame - ryze run even remotely oom?

It's pretty common for him to have around 4k mana even with the new build running stuff like abyssal instead of banshee and what not.

Even if the following is your only mana (don't talk about mana runes they're trash):

1k seraph
725 RoA
500 FH
1240 base stats
216 masteries

Total: 3681 mana = shield for between 500 and 920 (because I have yet to see a ryze go below half mana).

Besides ryze has been a broken as **** for aaaages its just hes so boring nobody wants to play him. Lategame ryze is like a magic damage ad carry with tank stats.

Metakai

11-08-2012

Now if the upgrade from Manamune is anything like Seraph's Embrace then Urgot would be back in action again.

Sony Bulgari

11-08-2012

Tear is suppose to be for mana hungry champions to build up a large mana pool so they can spam their skills more. The item works great for champions with spammy spells and low mana costs but terrible for champions with high mana costs on their skills. Wouldn't be better to change the passive so that instead of giving a flat amount of mana each time you spend mana what if it gave a %of the mana you spent. This way champions with big heavy mana costs and high cooldowns can build up the tear and utilize it too.

It just seems unbalanced that singed can leave his q on and build the tear up completely in 10 minutes while other champions take longer to build it up because of their mana (like anivas r)

Footie 117

Recruiter

11-08-2012

Ryze just turned into rammus with a little more damage lol