Item Preview Tons of Mana, just one Tear

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mambawarrior0

11-08-2012

Yes!!!!
Singed can finally use Tear for his passive+awesome regen

RapZero

11-08-2012

Ryze is now a late game god

urmamasllama

11-08-2012

this is the post i've been waiting for

i knew you were wanting to do this im so excited yay

mambawarrior0

11-08-2012

What does it build out of now, since tear is now cheaper than meki+sapphire?
Is in now just a basic item?
If it isn't a basic item, would that make Seraph's the first T4 upgrade in the game?

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
The passive is mostly the same, with one key difference: Tear of the Goddess used to trigger on spellcasts; now it triggers when you spend Mana, including through the use of channeled effects. While these two effects are one and the same for most characters, any character that has a channeled effect that costs mana will now be able to use Tears to greater effect. Characters like Anivia and Karthus who were already excellent with Tear of the Goddess now have additional ways to trigger it, while some characters like Singed and Ashe will have a newfound ability to trigger Tear of the Goddess from their toggled abilities, opening up new item paths for those characters.
Tear/Manamune + Brutalizer/Black Cleaver Ashe new meta?

All the Manas, All the Volley Spam. Tons of armor-reducing poke that she can sustain forevers?

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambawarrior0 View Post
What does it build out of now, since tear is now cheaper than meki+sapphire?
It sounds like Sapph+Faerie, like it used to be.

Sabrestrike

11-08-2012

So I'm guessing all of Morello's posturing about a legendary sword that only becomes active after filling it is new manamune upgrade which is probably going to have some mana related passive/active like the new Seraph's Embrace item.

I'm glad to see more utility making it onto archangel's and I really look forward to using this on mages like Swain or Anivia who are already super mana dependent. I also like the fact that more of the MP5 and raw mana was dropped off of the item because most of the numbers there were somewhat excessive (also since the introduction of Athene's if mana regen is your need that seems a more likely choice anyway.)

My question is, since Tear costs 700 now and BW is 860 still, what will the new Archangel's run you? 1000 for the upgrade to 2560 total cost?

urmamasllama

11-08-2012

so... what about manamune any big changes to it?

Nip the Zephyr

11-08-2012

Sa-weet!

VegaTDM

11-08-2012

So is manamune getting a cool new transformation too?