Item Preview Tons of Mana, just one Tear

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apollo Starling

11-08-2012

I'm worried this is an indirect nerf to 1000 AP Xerath

Since he had a passive voidstaff, passive armor that scaled with AP, and was always meant to stay out of the fray and strike from an untouchable position, you could go deathcap and four archangels on xerath for 1000 ap and that was just great

Alternatively, deathcap and 4 archangels on karthus with teleport/revive, the glassest of glass cannons

how am I going to do that now?

Lazreal

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
-Xypherous

EDIT: Whoops. Oversight here. Tears of the Goddess will still charge off all the old spellcasts it normally did - my bad on that.

Thank You
I'm super excited for all the new item changes seem so versatile and combolisceous

exelsis xax

11-08-2012

Xypherous, i love you.

AndyRyu

11-08-2012

If new Tear, AA and Seraph's embrace is cheaper and faster to charge would we see Ryze being a bit too strong agen? He will have have stronger early game coz of earlier Tear (tho the reduction in flat mana is arguable) and sudden jump from 750 to 1000 mana with a shield for already tanky Ryze may be.... a bit... and as it scales with mana... so... yeah...

I like the item idea overall but Ryze bit i am concerned of

IGotCareless2

11-08-2012

I like the fact an item became a miny-quest. Before, you just stacked it like you stacked a warmogs, now there's a tangible benefit for hitting the cap. I like.

Cozarkian

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxBuckshotxXx View Post
am i the only one that sees Seraphs embrace becoming COMPLETELY OP with certain champs EX. Ryze. this is why i say this. Ryze gains damage based on having mana.. so end game he can have 5k+mana... with this new shield active that does 25% mana into shield, that can mean liek a 1.25k shield. i could be wrong and not understanding this correctly, but people like Ryze could completely turn this terribly...
Yes, if you let Ryze farm somewhere in the neighborhood of 15K gold he could end up with 5K mana which would give him a pretty hefty shield. So for 2.5 seconds you will have to stop attacking him until the shield wears off.

Cozarkian

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotCareless2 View Post
I like the fact an item became a miny-quest. Before, you just stacked it like you stacked a warmogs, now there's a tangible benefit for hitting the cap. I like.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Warmog's and BT have similar changes.

Theorycrafter

11-08-2012

I wish to know if Manamune will get a similar treatment.
I sure as hell would love a late-game Manamune option.

Oldyoung

11-08-2012

why did you make the 3%mana = ap unique?

im sure there's a few reasons but i wanna know some specifics i like building karthus with 4 AA's a deathcap and a void staff to make everyone suffer.

Bottle of Aleve

11-08-2012

Ryze just came.