Item Preview Tons of Mana, just one Tear

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MecrobSux

11-08-2012

Singed OP now

Thornmaelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladrius View Post
Are you guys nerfing Sapphire Crystal's gold cost and mana stats? I'm trying to puzzle out how the new Tear will only cost 700g (I assume that's total cost) when crystal + meki is 790, and the crystal nerf makes the most sense since the regen hasn't changed.
I was puzzled too; it might build out of Faerie Charm now. Infact, they have simply removed Meki Pendant from the game entirely, as they did with the Sage Ring (Cost about as much as a Pickaxe, gave +500 mana, had few items it built into) long long ago. Moving from 2 basic mana items to 1 was a good move, probably not a bad one for it's associated regen as well.

Akesgeroth

11-08-2012

Speaking of Manamune, I assume it's also getting upgraded?

Scrabble Tank

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

The thing that bugs me most about this item is the "self" part of Seraphs Embrace. The reason being is that the old problems with AA are still here in the new item: it doesn't give you the stats you want when you need it. The shield active I can see really only being useful in the laning phase, as AP carries don't have good enough base resists to make 500-700 extra HP for 2.5s being much of a bonus in team fights.

At the 25-30 minute mark AP carries already have solved their mana/mana regen problems. and ~120 AP with an item that costs ~2700 isn't all that worth it. You still suffer in the mid game from lacking damage because you purchased a Tear.

That being said, this would make an amazing support item if the shield was changed from "Self" to "Target Ally," mainly because AA's stats are things supports want at those stages in the game. Mana heavy supports don't need the early damage, so getting a tear early helps them in lane. Getting the late game AP is useful as it makes their support skills scale better into late game, and it gives them a useful supporting skill to help their teams further in team fights.

Duskfire1120

11-08-2012

Xyph, I'm seriously looking forward to the item balances you've been working on, so far everything sounds awesome. I even forgive you for making me choose between team assisting armor shred and my current youmuu's including crit build for Garen. Seriously though, it feels like all these tweaks and changes are really giving options for more than one or two 95% of the time optimal builds, as well as giving more options depending on personal preference and teamcomp, and I gotta say, nice job.

Besteality

11-08-2012

Xyph....I saw when you went to bed last.

You....work.....too......hard!

(probably why you're one of the most loved reds out there)

Wickian

11-08-2012

Can you imagine tanky-ap Amumu with Seraphs Embrace?

BloodGod22

11-08-2012

I might actually build one now over rushing deathcap...

Rismart

11-08-2012

@Xypherous If AA is getting this new features is Manamune going to get the same?

Lasie

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsai64 View Post
Not sure if Anivia like or dislike, like maybe?
Corrections.... anivia lovesthis.... not squishy with an 800 damage shield