Item Preview Tons of Mana, just one Tear

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whelk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Didn't Morello mention an upgrade to Manamune that works this way too? Please show that too!!

Diagnosis

11-08-2012

Ryze gonna be retarded with Seraph's Embrace o.o

Stevev45

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSotIS View Post
Ryze gonna be retarded with Seraph's Embrace o.o
He will do less damage than he did with the old AA.

3mptylord

11-08-2012

What's the Manamune active?!

*crosses fingers and wishes really hard*

Unique Active: Drains 25% of current mana to blast the target for the same amount as magic damage. 120 seconds.

Twillera

11-08-2012

Ryze and blitz perma bans inc

General Treble

11-08-2012

Xyph, could you please take a second to answer a question about the previous item change thread?

I just wanna know what's happening to the costs of the brutalizer/BC/LW, with the brutalizer now being a part of their item mixes. Are their prices going up? or is the cost of a brutalizer going down? and if so on either, by how much??

Jeanesse

11-08-2012

Will Manamune have a similar transformation to make it ....worth buying ever?

The Star of Hope

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
If you think about it there’s no real reason why gold has to be the only way to upgrade an item. In the case of Archangel’s Staff we wanted to create an upgrade that flowed naturally from the usage and theme of the item. But if you already have 1000 Mana and 10 Mana Regen per 5, what possible upgrade could you want from Archangel’s Staff? Just what are you going to do with all that mana anyway when you’ve charged this item for 25 minutes of the game?
I love the idea of Serraph's Embrace, but part of the problem I have always had with the mana gain effect on tear is how long it takes to build up. Assuming you had the more efficient mana-charge of Archangel's Staff it's 150 mana uses to charge the staff, taking a minimum of 7.5 minutes (assuming you cast a spell every 3 seconds). Your suggestion of 25 minutes of charging doesn't seem unreasonable here, and with the reduced cost perhaps it's realistic to purchase one early enough to transform in a longer game.

As an item that seems intended to solve your mana issues, it seems strange that the transformation works counter to that function - encouraging a lot of additional unnecessary spell casts to charge it (I am not sure how long it takes to cast 150 spells in a normal game if you don't intentially spam them, but from seeing how slowly I've charged these items in the past I'm guessing it's a long time). The other thing that's a little odd is the efficiency of spamming abilities to charge it is highly champion dependant - ideally requising a low cost non targeted spell on a 3 second cooldown. Now maybe this is intentional to target it toward specific champions, but if not then perhaps mana charge might be better implemented in another way?

Mana Charge Alt1: Increases your maximim mana by 1 for each 10 mana you spend.

With this implementation you're eliminating the inefficiency of mana charge on champions with expensive or high cooldown spells, but continue to encourage mana to be spent just to charge the effect.

Mana Charge Alt2: Increases your maximim mana by 1 for each 10 mana regenerated.

With this implementationyou're not draining mana to charge the effect, allowing the item to continue in it's role of a method of regenerating mana, but heavy mana users, who purchase more than one mana regeneration item, will transform it sooner.

NotBuzzJack

11-08-2012

Now what about the new manamune Morello was evilly cackling about?

Youkai Zone

11-08-2012

Blitz Mega Shield.