Item Preview – Tons of Mana, just one Tear

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkPercy

11-08-2012

How will this NOT be overpowered on Singed xD?

yobweja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

uhhh they're gonna nerf ryze soon? that's just what he needs.. a shield for 750 dmg....

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Xyph, this is awesome! I love the angelic touch, as an In Nomine fan.

Any chance of some awesome audio/visual effect when it upgrades? Swooshing angel wings or something?

Mathwise: it seems like it will give a Level 18 champ about 60 bonus AP. This is pretty nice.

I do wonder if it might not be good to buff the mana-per-cast slightly? I love Tear because it lets me mash buttons, but it does run you out of mana pretty fast unless you have another regen item. I feel like Tear sort of encourages bad play in this regard: it rewards you every time you use an ability, but spamming abilities is in general a bad thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylph View Post
Thank you for all of the updates in keeping this game as fresh as possible. Please keep up the good work, the community appreciates it.

Fan since 2009!
Hail the Emissary!

HayabusaZero

11-08-2012

Wow, an item that evolves after a specific event? What a great idea!!!

This will give you some new objectives to achieve, and at the same time you can get more powerful items that reward effecient use =)

Fèlix

11-08-2012

Ryze is going back to borderline tanky OP... again.

I Am Tolan

11-08-2012

any more items that can auto upgrade like this in S3?

Raptor J3sus

11-08-2012

so, ryze just became op

vulpixel

11-08-2012

What a cool change. I don't buy tear usually, but I need to point out that there was a MASSIVE nerf to the mana regen: 25 to 10. I feel some people should be unhappy. I'll just keep rolling with athames, though <3

Urf Bender

11-08-2012

Was bout to say "Ryze nerf!?!?!", but held my tongue...

Ozball

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamt3n View Post
Do you guys even read?

You

Cant

Stack

This

Item
What's stopping you? All he's said is that Passives with the same name won't stack. Not that you can't stack items with the same Passive, just that you'll only get the benefit from the passive once. Also once you hit Seraph's Embrace the Mana Charge Passive disappears.