Fiora Bug Nerfs Her "W" Riposte Ability

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pizza Poker Guy

11-08-2012

Furthermore, I don't believe Sivir's:
Spell Shield - Creates a magical barrier that blocks a single enemy ability cast on Sivir. She receives Mana back if a spell is blocked.
Blocks the ability but still applies the on hit effect of that ability.
Riot why do you hate Fiora so much?

Circuit Bear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
It's not that it's a bug nerfing her ability, it's that it always worked this way and Riposte kinda sucks in some ways :x
Removing it is a nerf since she will now have no form of escape at all, except going out of the way to use lunge to juke. GP, Tryn, and Yi, all have some form of escape/defense/sustain that surpasses hers, so this makes her a really easy target, there is no way for her to prevent on hit slows/stuns, or anything now. The best you can do is burst of speed, hit something and run. But that's not practical.

She needs a viable defense otherwise I can never see playing her in lane.

Pizza Poker Guy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEpistle View Post
Removing it is a nerf since she will now have no form of escape at all, except going out of the way to use lunge to juke. GP, Tryn, and Yi, all have some form of escape/defense/sustain that surpasses hers, so this makes her a really easy target, there is no way for her to prevent on hit slows/stuns, or anything now. The best you can do is burst of speed, hit something and run. But that's not practical.

She needs a viable defense otherwise I can never see playing her in lane.
In reality I think Riot's reasoning for her escape ability is her ultimate applies on hit effects. So, when your at 40% health drop ult and get back to full and win. If you don't win there finish off or run and hope you don't die haha. Also, the juke lunge doesn't really work since you cant lunge on your own players or minions like many other characters, Jax/Katarina etc.

Mouse Crouse

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan2swan View Post
Isn't this a bit silly? I mean, I know logic in the game means finding an explanation for how Leona turns herself into particles of sunlight and rushes to a target (which I have actually done) and how the sun being on a target causes there to be more damage (...a little more difficult), and apparently Elise can latch her webs onto the sun itself to rappel out of its reach, but...it just doesn't seem logical for Fiora to deflect Gangplank's shot but still get slowed because the grog-soaked bullet hit her sword.

And I don't think that it would be that hideous of a buff if it did ignore on-hit effects; being able to stop Leona's stun with a well-timed riposte would be a magnificent skill to learn.

I'm not saying that she should stun Leona right back (though that would be awesome), but she should at least negate the ability.
Yea I have to agree here, it seems like such a counter-intuitive way to run things.

Pizza Poker Guy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse Crouse View Post
Yea I have to agree here, it seems like such a counter-intuitive way to run things.
Counter-intuitive is exactly right. Fix her Riposte and maybe people might actually play her. Also, allowing her lunge to go onto friendlies would be nice too.

chumbler

11-08-2012

If it's intended for riposte to be a piece of ****, you should probably just completely replace it Riot.

N49

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotFpMcgee View Post
This is intended functionality. Riposte parrys and ripostes the attack damage, but any additional effects of the attack (stuns, poison, red buff etc) will still impact your champion.
Which is, pardon the expression, a RETARDED FUNCTIONALITY.

How dose an attack that never connects apply any on-hit effects?

It's counter intuitive, and dumb, not to mention it completely negates the value of blocking certain enhanced attacks.

Pizza Poker Guy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
If it's intended for riposte to be a piece of ****, you should probably just completely replace it Riot.
A harsh way of putting it but none the less true. Lets just make a little comparison to show how weak Riposte is compared to another melee character:
Jax's Counter Strike, blocks all basic attacks while active, stuns, lowers aoe damage and does mroe damage based off blocked attacks.

Fiora's Riposte: Passive increased AD, block ONE attack does damage back, but doesn't block on hit effects?

REALLY RIOT?

Pizza Poker Guy

11-08-2012

Riot due to "´ntended functionality" please change "on-hit effects" to "÷n-hit effects and on-blocked effects"

Pizza Poker Guy

11-08-2012

Here is a link that shows the current win percentage of Fiora which hovers around 42 or 45% for the bulk of this last month.

http://www.lolking.net/champions/fio...ked#statistics