Possible Twisted Fate game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Velsor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Hi all, this is actually my first post on the League of Legends forum, altough I've played for more than two years. Forgive me if I make mistakes while typing, English is not my main language. And also forgive me if I posted this in a complete wrong place. My bad ;.;

Ok, enough chitty chat.
The thing is this. League of Legends have a pretty interesting lore, altough I see it as a bit underdeveloped. The recent TTL remake with the really cool altars shouting special phrases to certain champions (or eve skin?) made me happy, but it is still not enough.
So, since I'm in the first year of Game Developing college, I though about putting what I learned in the semester into a game about a specific champion of the league, trying to expand his lore a bit, or just let you play through it and make a few "cinematics".
The basic concept of the game so far would involve Twisted Fate (my favorite champion), and I find his lore kinda easy to do something about it and who knows, expand it maybe.
It would be a platformer and you can "shoot" cards.
I'm planning on starting it this weekend and I would love to get any feedback possible or sugestions on maps, places, anything at all.

Thank you for reading. I'll try to update this often as progress happens.

Tadiken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

I am not of riot, but here is a little something that will answer your question. They WILL NOT stop you from making this if it is non-profit(example, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=226497), but if you want to make it for profit, you would probably have to make some extremely convoluted deal with riot. no guarantees other than you would need permission.

Velsor

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by port5 View Post
I am not of riot, but here is a little something that will answer your question. They WILL NOT stop you from making this if it is non-profit(example, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=226497), but if you want to make it for profit, you would probably have to make some extremely convoluted deal with riot. no guarantees other than you would need permission.
Yes, I forgot to say that actually, it would be completely free to download. Just more like an experience on making a game about something. Thank you for the time.

joe42

11-08-2012

TL;DR no moar essays plz?

Tadiken

11-08-2012

I just REALLY want to see this happen.

Velsor

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe42 View Post
TL;DR no moar essays plz?
Short version then.
What would you like to see in a 2D super meat boy kinda game where you play as twisted fate, shoot cards, jump around, fight guards, see the lore by yourself, see a few cinematics made in flash. Any tips?

Velsor

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by port5 View Post
I just REALLY want to see this happen.
Me too! That's why I'm going to do it.
If you have any sugestions, lay them on the table ^.^

Tadiken

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsor View Post
Me too! That's why I'm going to do it.
If you have any sugestions, lay them on the table ^.^
Make him op.