Do You Still Build Warmog's?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElementzPRO

11-08-2012

the problem with warmogs is it takes a long time to get the full effect out of it

not only is it expensive but you then have to farm up the stacks after you farm up enough gold to buy it

if you're a tanky champ and you get an early advantage like 2-3 kills warmogs is a great buy
if you can get it early enough in the game it basically makes you invincible

The thing is usually it's better to get phage cus you don't have to farm up a massive gold advantage to make full use of it

dev1lb3ast

11-08-2012

Ive gotten it a few times on amumu but lately ive been having fun going rylais if I can.

Rathour

11-08-2012

I mainly use it one champions that naturally benefit from health via their kit. The only two I have currently that I always build it on are Nautilus (Makes his shield gain an extra 90 health right when I buy it) and Olaf. Situationally I'll build Fratmogs on Jayce instead of TriForce/BT if we have no tank or our tank is failing.

PhoenixxHD

11-08-2012

Mundoooo

K242

11-08-2012

Two words

MAXIMUM CHO'GATH

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

if i need a major hp source and only have 1 slot to dedicate to it and i dont need the mallet passive then why not? it's 1300 hp when all is said and done. that's huge.

Xanthalis

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihave2cows View Post
no. no. I see so many people rush this on garen, its not good on him. his passive only works outside of combat, making it useless in teamfights, and a waste of his courage passive.
I don't believe anyone said anything about rushing it.

It works great with his W. The passive gives free armor and magic resist. Which makes HP a natural choice. Also the active is a damage reduction shield, not a free HP shield, so it's basically equivalent to an armor and MR buff, making HP very valuable on him.

To OP: I still do but rarely. Garen, Wukong (sometimes), Volibear and Mundo are the main ones I do. I build it on champs in specific games where I have Triforce but need more HP and don't want to get FM since the slows are redundant. But in this case it's my second choice for that slot.

Edit: Forgot Olaf. I've built it on Renekton before, but that was more based on the situation than a normal build choice.

WesIey

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana Aseo View Post
Yes.
I play Mundo.
2 Warmogs, Randuins, FoN, Void staff, boots
Unkillable Mundo with a cleaver that tears enemies a new one.

Sadly I never get past Boots/FoN/Randuins/half a warmogs before the enemy surrenders in fear of Mundo.
lets ignore mundo forever guys

DespicableBish

11-08-2012

no. Too many champions now doing based on max hp damage.

Sidtz

11-08-2012

only on mundo, garen, and olaf.

those are the ones who can actually scale really well with it, with a tank maybe i might get it as my 5th or 6th item if i have enough defense and just need to get more health.

edit: i could see someone getting it on voli as well, but i dont have him so i forgot about him :v