Playing since beta, still don't understand

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thryale

11-08-2012

lol, I've got a better question for you:

How/why does silence prevent kat from throwing daggers?

I'll use this as an illustration: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly...o1_r1_1280.png

Dexeus

11-08-2012

Silences disrupt the mental link between champions and summoners, so since that link is being broken, you cant use abilities and the summoner spells cant reach the champion.
Make sense?

Delimon

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
Summoners and Champs share a link, right? When our champ gets silenced, we get silenced.

BOOM, made up lore to answer a question. But seriously, I'm pretty sure cleanse still works while silenced. You can always run that more. Just cleanse then flash and you're fine
This guy lol! Yeah cleanse does work but not that many champs need or use it. I just use cleanse on Yi and Tryndamere. . . Any more champs that can use it? Maybe Daruis?

Marthike

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D10471 View Post
Silences disrupt the mental link between champions and summoners, so since that link is being broken, you cant use abilities and the summoner spells cant reach the champion.
Make sense?
Doesn't explain why we can still issue movement commands

Constable Schulz

11-08-2012

If I'm not mistaken (and I could very well be), you can ghost while silenced, too.

Zaunga

11-08-2012

Quote:
Summoners and Champs share a link, right? When our champ gets silenced, we get silenced.

BOOM, made up lore to answer a question. But seriously, I'm pretty sure cleanse still works while silenced. You can always run that more. Just cleanse then flash and you're fine
That works but still doesnt explain potions . If the summoner can still issue movement surely the summoner would be able to issue a raise your hand and take a drink command

demestoss

11-08-2012

Quote:

I'm sorry to rain on your logic, but if "we get silenced" as well, then how can we cast that cleanse on them to allow the flash?

The plot thickens...

Edit: Typo

Maha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

I still dont know how you Silence Sona, Blind Lee Sin, or Ignite Brand.

Antarctica

11-08-2012

dat op cleanse for sure

eBlossom

11-08-2012

Heal, Exhaust, Ignite, and Ghost work while silenced.

I'm pretty sure there are other summoners that work as well, CV being one of those.