Playing since beta, still don't understand

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaunga

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
I'm more curious as to how being unable to cast spells prevent me from using potions.
This . Spells I can understand but potions are drank being unable to cast spells prevents me from drinking to ? That only makes sense if your Gragas.

Shadowmere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajib View Post
Why silence makes summoner spells unavailable. All these years it's never made sense to me. Imagine we are summoners and we tell our champions where to go and can manipulate combat using our summoner spells. If our champion gets silenced, obviously it makes sense that our champion can't use their abilities, but I don't see the logic in not letting us influence the combat by using OUR spells, as WE aren't the ones getting silenced. Thoughts?

The most probable cause I can think of is it's a coding issue and would be a hassle to separate the two.
You can interact with the Summoner's rift only through your champion, not directly, so even summoner spells are subject to silence since you cannot use your spells through a silenced champion.

Balance wise I find it better this way and lore wise it's easy to explain one or the other, so I find it fine like it is.

Shadowmere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaunga View Post
This . Spells I can understand but potions are drank being unable to cast spells prevents me from drinking to ? That only makes sense if your Gragas.
Yeah, active items ok, but potions.....

Vantooth

11-08-2012

I thin it could stop you from drinking potion if it silenced you to the point which you cannot open your mouth anymore. But I don't think that;s the case. Maybe the silence nullify whatever potion you would drinks so the champion doesn't drink as to not waste them?

As for summoner spell, I always saw them as being casted by the champion as a medium. Meaning
Summoner --> Champion --> Summoner spell
But if silenced
Summoner --> Champion -/-> Nothing

TornadoOfBees

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkçast View Post
No the real question is how the **** does cass wear boots?
Exhibit A

Riot Taco Storm

Associate QA Lead

11-08-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Summoners and Champs share a link, right? When our champ gets silenced, we get silenced.

BOOM, made up lore to answer a question. But seriously, I'm pretty sure cleanse still works while silenced. You can always run that more. Just cleanse then flash and you're fine

Hardcore Soup

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
Summoners and Champs share a link, right? When our champ gets silenced, we get silenced.

BOOM, made up lore to answer a question. But seriously, I'm pretty sure cleanse still works while silenced. You can always run that more. Just cleanse then flash and you're fine
Taco. Always poking holes in people's logic... maybe not poking as in making giant holes that came out of nowhere.

AvariceX

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post

BOOM, made up lore to answer a question.
Then how are we still commanding them to do other things? Morse code? Carrier pigeon?

Drummuh Dude

11-08-2012

Hey, RiotTacoStorm, how come it says "Recruiter" under your avatar instead of your position within Riot? I understand that you received it by recommending "X" number of people to the game, but shouldn't the Riot title trump the "Recruiter" title?

Scarlet Wrath

11-08-2012

I've noticed quite a few times my silence doesn't stop flash or ignite as chogath.