Remove Elo loss from surrender

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrueTerrorBeware

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallUgly View Post
You look at how the fights are going. You see if you can change your positioning. You try to backdoor. You try to make gold and still farm lanes while under pressure. Usually, I also try remembering just when it was that things started going south.

On the other hand, you learn nothing when everything on your team is doing fantastic and raping the enemy. It is precisely teammates like you that I would sincerely like to see removed from online gaming in general, due to this narcissistic over-valuing of your own worth and blind devotion to your own set of principles.
You seem to be the only one that is insisting on being stubborn and not willing to admit you were wrong. This is a terrible suggestion and would ruin the elo system if it were ever put in place. You climb the elo ladder to separate yourself from weaker players, so if just one player each game didn't surrender and didn't lose elo, that will add up and cause players who should have crashed way below your elo a long time ago to be playing with others that are at a skill level much higher than theirs. Also I don't believe you have the community's needs at heart with this post, seeing as you aren't even 1250 at the moment I believe you are trying to find an unfair way to climb in elo. I can tell you I would be at least 100 elo higher if this system you are suggesting were already in place, but I wouldn't be proud of my elo because it would mean I had not earned it. I recommend you remove this post and stop flaming anyone that tries to have a debate with you over this, because that is the whole point of forums isn't it?

Thanks, and have a great day!

-TrueTerrorBeware

Trends

12-13-2012

Quote:
I love this. A baseless statement of opinion, without a single shread of logic presented to support it, followed by an even more idiotic statement of opinion, also with no evidence.

Do you...do you want anyone to take you seriously kid?

Opinion: 1. A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Since when do you need "evidence" to support an opinion? Just curious..

Either way, in my own personal opinion (please see definition above, it's there just for you BigTallUgly) this post is pointless. What you're asking makes no sense as many people who've already posted would agree. Honestly, I feel like you should stop wasting time.. You're bound to convince nobody.

Starshot780

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

I think your first post got deleted because this idea doesn't make any sense.

Shardbearer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

I think a better idea would be for the game to detect if there was a leaver in the first few minutes of the game. If so, that person loses elo, but the rest of the team does not.

If someone quits in the first 10 minutes of the game, the team with the leaver doesn't lose elo for surrendering before 25 minutes in. Enemy team still gains elo. Leaver loses double elo.

The time restriction would be to keep the system from being abused. Think to yourself, well we can't lose elo this game, as long as we surrender before inhib blows, so we could potentially win and gain elo. This would stop that from happening. You either end the game succinctly and move on or play it out and lose elo if you lose.

BigTallUgly

12-14-2012

That last idea is a bit off-topic. Leavers being detected and losses being forgiven really is yet another thorn in everyone's dick that Riot is somehow ignoring. Oh well.

Here I'd like to talk more about how if four **********s feed and then decide they're surrendering, I can at least keep my elo because I didnt make any mistakes that game and really not supposed to be responsible for said **********s in an online game environment.

xBukowski

12-14-2012

Are you really complaining about this? just LOL

LoseToaNoob

12-14-2012

usually if a team wants to surrender in a ranked might i add its for a good reason and just cause ur to stupid to realize when u are defeated horribly in a game doesnt mean everyone else is just as dumb and dont wanna waste there time so they can goto a next game they might have a chance of winning and they probably jus saying might wanna surrender cause ur on there team :P ur probably a bad player cause ive never herd anyone complain about this till now..

namora

12-14-2012

Quote:
So the original thread has been inexplicably closed, no idea why, probably a forum glitch or something. So I'll be reposting and maintaining it here.

Original Post:

"Why should I lose elo simply because the rest of my team decides to quit and surrender? There should be some sort of check, that if the 4 team mates surrender , but I click no, I should not lose elo.[/B]That, or just remove the ability to surrender from ranked play."

This underlines the core argument that we'd like for Riot to respond to - why is a fair effort on our part undermined by four kids who have no idea what they're doing and wanted an easy win.

----- original -- -
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2352033
Bolded: The time/money spent to create/adapt a program/system and improve server infrastructure/load enough to handle just this task = no.
Underlined: This is a team-oriented game and as such, the general consensus is that democracy(majority) rules. You'll have to accept that not everyone is as committed as you are and move on.
Bolded and Underlined: Life isn't fair. You can delude yourself into believe that it is, but it's not and never will be.

BigTallUgly

12-18-2012

If you're beginning to think that what's transgressing on Riot's server is some sort of emulation of real life, I seriously suggest some counseling.

Like I'm not even joking. I'm sort of concerned now that you've spent too much time on the computer.

Baxter the Teddy

12-19-2012

Quote:
If you're beginning to think that what's transgressing on Riot's server is some sort of emulation of real life, I seriously suggest some counseling.

Like I'm not even joking. I'm sort of concerned now that you've spent too much time on the computer.
^ Who is this a response too?

EDIT: I understand, you are responding to "life isn't fair." He didn't say "real life' he said life. Life is the thing that you are constantly doing, everything you do is a part of your life. LoL is apart of your life. Life is not fair. LoL is not fair. The game is relatively balanced but it will never be fair. Insulting someone because they made a valid argument is a poor replacement for a valid response to said argument.

On that note, the fact is, your argument makes no sense.

"Here I'd like to talk more about how if four **********s feed and then decide they're surrendering, I can at least keep my elo because I didnt make any mistakes that game and really not supposed to be responsible for said **********s in an online game environment."

So, you have FOUR (all but you, I assume) FEEDER (someone who is consistently giving kills to the enemy, giving them more gold as well as falling behind do due lack of CS and XP) So, with FOUR of them, the enemy team is drastically ahead, your team is drastically behind and your teammates see this and decide it is time to give up.

Explain to me, EXACTLY, how you could possible come back from this anyway? And explain to me EXACTLY how this happened when you made ZERO mistakes, because in solo queue you're job is to win the game. This often requires winning the other lanes AS WELL as your own. So, if you made ZERO mistakes why didn't you also win the other lanes as well, and prevent the whole situation.

And also, why the **** would you want to keep playing with FOUR feeders on your team, as was your example. Other then, of course, to not lose ELO (which means that no one will ever surrender, because everyone will want to be that ONE guy who doesn't lose ELO) But that system doesn't exist yet, so it's an invalid answer anyway.