[Solo Q Secrets #002] Boring S*** Gets You Kills

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apoptosine

11-11-2012

So I've read all 3 of your installments now, and I have to say, that in sequence, they get better and better (I love the 3rd only slightly more than this one). I used to call this all basically 'conservative' play, but I think you've well articulated the mechanics of how it provides advantages! Outstanding! I think these installments deserve to be thumb-nailed to a new section of forums called official self help section, or something. Seriously.

Personally I've become extremely frustrated with solo queue and it's "faults" and found myself falling into the trap of assessing it to factors other than my own play which I've fairly diligently attempted to self improve. I began rationalizing arguments to flesh out the flaws in the matchmaking/solo Q process to put into question it's purpose. I believe there must come a more articulated and partitioned way to accomplish what it attempts to do (as opposed to blind pick non ranked queue, which I run the comparison). However your installments have given me the fuel to give the solo Q some more gos, for my own sake, and for the enjoyment of discovering what else I can do for myself (and my teams!) in the process.

Nice work coach!

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

friendship is magic....suffering is magic (hecarim)......

Quote:
boring **** is magic.........
ur right maokai, there is a ton of magic pollution these days

ryzeonline

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosine View Post
So I've read all 3 of your installments now, and I have to say, that in sequence, they get better and better (I love the 3rd only slightly more than this one). I used to call this all basically 'conservative' play, but I think you've well articulated the mechanics of how it provides advantages!
Thank you so much, Apop -- I poured a lot of love into 'em, and it's really, really nice to feel supported and respected.

[QUOTE]Outstanding! I think these installments deserve to be thumb-nailed to a new section of forums called official self help section, or something. Seriously.

Dude -- you just blew my mind.

LOL is a huuuge, wonderful community, and at the same time, feels like a gold mine for Self-Help

lol, let the rage go, eh?

Quote:
Personally I've become extremely frustrated with solo queue and it's "faults" and found myself falling into the trap of assessing it to factors other than my own play which I've fairly diligently attempted to self improve.
I've done the same thing. I totally feel you.

Quote:
However your installments have given me the fuel to give the solo Q some more gos, for my own sake, and for the enjoyment of discovering what else I can do for myself (and my teams!) in the process.

Nice work coach!
That's beautiful man, if even one person is able to find a little more fun, that's something I can easily appreciate.

And hey, if you wanna play with someone a little less frustrating, we can run some normal drafts and see if we gel/vibe I'd be honored.

Nhan Fiction

01-12-2013

Fundamentals FTW.

ryzeonline

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
Boring play isn't fun.

Winning is fun.

So you have to balance boring play and winning and/or deciding on your priorities.

Many games "not a **** was given" regarding zzzzz farming, turtling, or passive-aggressive gameplay. Then again, when this happens the player should probably avoid the ADC spot which is one that leans the most on boring gameplay.
I'm feeling a bit like my core message isn't getting through, lol.

But yes, avoid ADC if you dont like boring, repetitive lane phase

Aaronchu522

03-04-2013

Cool.

ryzeonline

06-30-2013

Thanks