What ranged AD need is an escape item

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fruden999

11-08-2012

I'm getting pretty frustrated of taking not EZ ranged AD and having the bruisers jump right through the tanks, beat me up, and then jump right through the tanks out. An item that deals with this situation would dramatically increase my enjoyment of this type of champion.

Anyone agree?

FluffyNeko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

So basically blink dagger?

Which is used mostly by tanks and bruisers for initiation?

Tempestphile

11-08-2012

let's see

because ranged AD like ashe cannot kite, or MF does not have a slow, or Cait has no trap or slow + jump back anymore?

and did someone say Varus and Kog'maw lost their slow too and Corki cannot valkyrie anymore? Or Trist forgot how to rocket jump?

Oh god, the horror

Vintage Daisy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestphile View Post
let's see

because ranged AD like ashe cannot kite, or MF does not have a slow, or Cait has no trap or slow + jump back anymore?

and did someone say Varus and Kog'maw lost their slow too and Corki cannot valkyrie anymore? Or Trist forgot how to rocket jump?

Oh god, the horror

You do realise that most Bruisers not only have gap closers to counter Ashes/MF slow but they also have this thing called CC to make it even more difficult?

Jax for example not only has a gap closer but also a stun, and if he has gunblade or FM he has a slow as well.

Clearly you never played AD Carry apart from Ezreal or Vayne, have you ?

Tempestphile

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Daisy View Post
You do realise that most Bruisers not only have gap closers to counter Ashes/MF slow but they also have this thing called CC to make it even more difficult?

Jax for example not only has a gap closer but also a stun, and if he has gunblade or FM he has a slow as well.

Clearly you never played AD Carry apart from Ezreal or Vayne, have you ?
Ashe has a permaslow and a Stun

Corki has a valkyrie which can jump further then many gap closer in the game,

Trist and Cait has super long range attacks, where Trist has a jump + knockback, and Cait has a trap (which prevents ALL movement) and a slow with jump back

Kog'maw also has insane range on his ulti, so he should be able to kite without worrying too much about gap closer

MF has AoE slow, but that's it, but it does not mean she cannot kite, just harder then other to use

Varus has a slow and a "situational AoE" snare

Vayne has a short range tumble, medium attack range and an ulti that stealth (which is easily countered)

How is Vayne even better then some of the AD carry mentioned above

Which AD carry do you main anyway, are you sure because you can't escape so you die and you cry?

Bruisers and assassins are suppose to kill the AD carries, your "front line" is suppose to stop them, while you are suppose to stay out of their range.

I don't main AD carry, and I don't even own Jax or Jayce or Xin. I know some of these champs can give you a hard time, but you aren't suppose to 1v1 them, and you are to bait their gap closer before you burn your escape and then shoot them from afar.

And if you want to argue based on movement speed, AD Carry usually build PD or trinity force, which gives decent MS

Vintage Daisy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Ashe has a permaslow and a Stun

Corki has a valkyrie which can jump further then many gap closer in the game,

Trist and Cait has super long range attacks, where Trist has a jump + knockback, and Cait has a trap (which prevents ALL movement) and a slow with jump back

Kog'maw also has insane range on his ulti, so he should be able to kite without worrying too much about gap closer

MF has AoE slow, but that's it, but it does not mean she cannot kite, just harder then other to use

Varus has a slow and a "situational AoE" snare

Vayne has a short range tumble, medium attack range and an ulti that stealth (which is easily countered)

How is Vayne even better then some of the AD carry mentioned above

Which AD carry do you main anyway, are you sure because you can't escape so you die and you cry?

Bruisers and assassins are suppose to kill the AD carries, your "front line" is suppose to stop them, while you are suppose to stay out of their range.

I don't main AD carry, and I don't even own Jax or Jayce or Xin. I know some of these champs can give you a hard time, but you aren't suppose to 1v1 them, and you are to bait their gap closer before you burn your escape and then shoot them from afar.

And if you want to argue based on movement speed, AD Carry usually build PD or trinity force, which gives decent MS
To simplify this arguement let's use Jax as an example.

Arguement won.

Fruden999

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyanNyan456 View Post
So basically blink dagger?

Which is used mostly by tanks and bruisers for initiation?
Good point, if said item would make the situation less comfortable that wouldnt be good. I don't have great suggestion, but a starting point like what the AP have could be nice. Maybe instead of becoming invincible it could push away nearby enemies by a small distance?

Although i guess some other champs suddenly just became even wayyyyy better right... arg!! It's just awkward at times playing some of the older champions that have a limited toolbox to play with compared to the newer ones that are generally much more complete.

Tempestphile

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Daisy View Post
To simplify this arguement let's use Jax as an example.

Arguement won.
I am not trying to argue, but trying to understand what is your problem

First post you said Jax can gap close and stun, now you are trying to suggest Jax is a bad example?

TCWA Tigerbite

11-08-2012

Quote:
I am not trying to argue, but trying to understand what is your problem

First post you said Jax can gap close and stun, now you are trying to suggest Jax is a bad example?
No, he's saying Jax destroys any AD Carry 1v1. Which is pretty much his job. Along with assassins.

If you're playing a ranged ad carry and you're fighting 1v1. You're either bad or your team is bad, or possibly even both. You're supposed to be in the back lines shredding them apart while your front line keeps them off of you. You're not a tank, you're not a bruiser, you're not an assassin. You're RANGED for a reason, because if you get close, you will get destroyed.

Duelpower

11-08-2012

Screw that I love getting in people's faces!