Doran's Coin Purse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epictues

11-08-2012

a gold oriented dorans item. I like it. Although the point of Dorans items are they lose their gold value late game, Im willing to ignore it.

what I DONT LIKE, with the mechanics you named, is that it would give supports more gold, the more CS their partner got.

which makes it something called a WIN MORE item. ie if your laning partner is winning and getting good CS, it makes you win even more, thus snowballing and not being as competitive.

if you want it support oriented and also improve game play how bout this.

it gives u bonus gold every time you. 1.) destroy a ward. 2.) place a ward
this can create a ward battle game among supports. Which could make support play more exciting.

3rdStorm

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictues View Post
a gold oriented dorans item. I like it. Although the point of Dorans items are they lose their gold value late game, Im willing to ignore it.

what I DONT LIKE, with the mechanics you named, is that it would give supports more gold, the more CS their partner got.

which makes it something called a WIN MORE item. ie if your laning partner is winning and getting good CS, it makes you win even more, thus snowballing and not being as competitive.

this can create a ward battle game among supports. Which could make support play more exciting.
Problem with ward items, as ive heard riot staff state, is that they create a situation where in discourages people without the item to do those roles. Your teamates say you got the ward item so you have to buy wards not us.

I dont really think it is a snowball item in any significant ways. because its saddled on your adc any advantage it provides is tied to them and at a fraction of their success. Long before a huge advantage is granted to the support the farming character would be running rampant. what the item is doing more so is keeping themselves tied to the success of their own farmer no so much the other teams.

Kiss The Wounded

11-08-2012

I'm intrigued, overall I believe it would be an interesting addition, if not a bit behind the typical gold per 5 alternatives.

The most important things to note when talking about the balance of this idea is one, reliant on your laning partners performance, two, lack of wards if bought straight out, three, no build-up options (like all Doran's items), and most importantly, taking into account that one does not simply stay in lane the entire game, - or to be more specific, within range of last hits. The advantage to gold per 5 items is that they work regardless of where you are on the map, be it assisting in dragon, warding key buffs for counter-jungling or to prevent it, assist-ganking a troubled lane, or what have you. Everyone opposed to the item seems to be fixated on the idea that the item would pay for itself quickly, which isn't necessarily true. Those for it would likely note how bad a purchase it is if your lane falls behind after aquiring it. I like it, its a risk, though I'm too cautious a player to personally ever see myself buying it unless my lane was winning without it to begin with - aka, had an extra 475 gold to spend after securing wards.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Riot has specifically stated that they are not going to create any more Doran's items. They have a fourth one in the works that they may or may not ever release, but last time I heard, they do not plan to create any more.

FyshinaTux

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictues View Post

Respectfully speaking, you'd be getting gold for placing wards and destroying them... so you spend 75 gold on a ward (or 125 so you can destroy them) and you get what... 5 gold? ten gold?
perhaps a GP/10 item that gives that would be viable.

have the item give 5 Gold/10, with a unique passive of destroying wards and or placing them giving bonus gold.

my 2 cents

3rdStorm

11-12-2012

They are adding a ward item so lets not derail and talk about that. I still think this would be a great item to add to the game.