Doran's Coin Purse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3rdStorm

11-08-2012

Problem: Drives me nuts playing as support and not getting any farm gold to buy items. Its just not fun not having any gold.

Doran's Coin Purse
400 gold
80 hp
Unique Passive: 5% cooldown reduction (wanted another stat on it but didnt want to repeat anything the other dorans did. but maybe something different)
Unique Passive: Whenever a friendly champion within range (same a experience range) kills an enemy minion gain 5 gold.

Why Its a Solution: Allows supports to get farm credit for the help they provide in lane. Yet its not quite as effective as farming so support stay true to the role of making a sacrifice for the team. Also its not free gold so if your lane isnt being effective you will still fall behind unlike regular gold per items. Its not an item any other role would benefit greatly from.

67chrome

11-08-2012

I like it.

Pitufito Dell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

I don't like it. A team of 5 players whit this, could easely abuse from large minion waves. You could even go ADC jungle whit support, so the support get gold and the ADC play safe. The gold cost is stupidly low, etc etc etc.
Imbalanced

Heart Stealer0

11-08-2012

make it does not stack with any gp10 item and its balanced

Peligrad

11-08-2012

No...this is WAY too powerful.

The thing pays for itself in a matter of minutes...

80 cs is all that it would take.

I'm assuming that your own last hits don't trigger the effect (if it did then every champ would buy one...)

Even under that assumption, for a support it would pay for itself in a matter of minutes, give a decent stat bonus, and then be a huge income for the rest of the game.

It on average would give you more income than the more costly gold/5 items (all you'd have do is have an ally average 1 last hit ever 25 seconds to be equal...)...

It's an ok idea...but way too strong currently. Maybe 1-2 gold/ ally kill .

Vuther

11-08-2012

5 gold per CS is probably a ****-load of gold. For a high-elo support camping near their carry, that's 1500 gold alone from 300 CS, not including the other allies that they can stand by. Sounds like a must-have item to me - must-haves should be avoided.

3rdStorm

11-08-2012

To comments saying its over power im shocked. First off you have to not farm for it to be effective which puts your character at a disadvantage. Then 80 cs takes more then a couple minutes. More like 10+ mins for average players. And thats assuming the support has been at the carries side that whole time.

Pro teams both sides would be getting the advantage so it equalise or help determine the better team. Would pro teams even buy it as as a first item? no boots or wards starting off?

It doesn't build into anything so after the lane phase its value isnt really there. its base stats arnt to huge so it becoming free isnt a huge issue. Its compensating for characters that dont farm by giving them some gold. less then a third of what they would get actually farming. The goal of the item is to give supports some gold to spend instead of having a fraction of what the other 4 characters in game get. even as a free item its not fully bridging that gap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitufito Dell View Post
I don't like it. A team of 5 players whit this, could easely abuse from large minion waves. You could even go ADC jungle whit support, so the support get gold and the ADC play safe. The gold cost is stupidly low, etc etc etc.
Imbalanced
I doubt a team would get an advantage spending 2000 gold on this item. it would most likely just slow them down. It only helps when your in a lane with someone else. Thats two lanes/players at best and they are still falling behind of people actually farming.

Aacey

11-08-2012

i like it but 5 gold is a bit op should be no more than 3 or make it 5 gold with a cd between procs(like sheen)

3rdStorm

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
5 gold per CS is probably a ****-load of gold. For a high-elo support camping near their carry, that's 1500 gold alone from 300 CS, not including the other allies that they can stand by. Sounds like a must-have item to me - must-haves should be avoided.
Creeps start spawning 1:30 into the game and then once every 30 seconds. thats 6 creeps every 30 seconds.

300 CS is approximately 50 waves of creeps which is about 25 mins of gameplay. thats if you managed to kill every creep.

Those creeps are worth 22 gold for melee ones 16 for caster. 114 gold a wave. After 50 waves thats 5700 gold for our farmer where as our support got 1500 minus 400 for buying the item so 1100 gold 25 mins into the game. The farming character has earned 5x as much gold.

That analyse makes it look under powered if anything to me. I think you could argue 10 gold per creep wouldnt be OP but I think 5 is better for now and for the discussion.

The point of the item and the discussion is supports get a fraction the gold other roles get. Im suggesting an item like this to make playing support more fun and involved. It makes them feel like part of the last hitting process. something that GP/10 items fail at.

Vuther

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdStorm View Post
Creeps start spawning 1:30 into the game and then once every 30 seconds. thats 6 creeps every 30 seconds.

300 CS is approximately 50 waves of creeps which is about 25 mins of gameplay. thats if you managed to kill every creep.

Those creeps are worth 22 gold for melee ones 16 for caster. 114 gold a wave. After 50 waves thats 5700 gold for our farmer where as our support got 1500 minus 400 for buying the item so 1100 gold 25 mins into the game. The farming character has earned 5x as much gold.

That analyse makes it look under powered if anything to me. I think you could argue 10 gold per creep wouldnt be OP but I think 5 is better for now and for the discussion.

The point of the item and the discussion is supports get a fraction the gold other roles get. Im suggesting an item like this to make playing support more fun and involved. It makes them feel like part of the last hitting process. something that GP/10 items fail at.
The point is, there would be no reason to bank on any other items as a support first, because like, somewhere around 1500 gold if your team farms well? Faerie + pots + wards or boots + wards/pots really can't compare. That would be bad, a different approach instead of a single item would be much preferred. Even if you did one of those starter combinations, what do you buy first back? This thing.