Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So Zeds interaction with Nunu's bloodboil

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AutumnDawn

11-09-2012

Quote:
Jack Oat:
You gotta go at a certain move speed to get the new animation, getting a sprint boot will easily get you that number. I personally don't like Zed "Sprint" animation since it look kinda silly to me (and that its similar to the ninja from Naruto).

Uhm that's how ninja's run. Their arms are like that so they can run faster. However if you want to pace yourself, you run the normal way. And since he's a ninja, it makes sense.

Shadow Master

11-09-2012

Quote:
x3RenRen:
Uhm that's how ninja's run.

In Naruto, yes. Anime isn't exactly known for a realistic approach to things though. In other words, no one actually runs that way, as it's entirely impractical, mostly from a balance perspective.

However, given that LoL isn't entirely realistic either and highly stylized in general, it's a fun animation, and that's all that matters.

That and it's ironic in a humorous way. That sort of running style is inefficient mostly due to lack of balance, and Zed is part of a dark order that opposes the teachings of balance practiced by Shen and his ilk.

Brethil

11-09-2012

Quote:
Maligan:

I'm starting to get paranoid about his release price...
The champ sounds too good to be true in terms of aesthetics.
What are the chances he'll cost more than 975 RP and I won't be able to afford him...?

Of course his price will be 975. No one costs more than that and i expect it never happens. If you are really readind the forum you should know zed isnt that powerfull, and the nice appearance is because riot is working hard in the new champions to look better than the odd visual of a lot of old champions

Shadow Master

11-09-2012

Quote:
Brethil:
Of course his price will be 975. No one costs more than that and i expect it never happens.

Same thing was said before Kha'zix. Then his skin, despite not being full on legendary, got a whole new category of skin price created for it, which will now be used to price skins that are more detailed aesthetically than typical skins but less so than legendary skins.

Not far-fetched to consider that they might do the same with champions on release who have greater aesthetic qualities than all the other default champion skins available before.

Jack Oat

11-09-2012

Quote:
Maligan:
Same thing was said before Kha'zix. Then his skin, despite not being full on legendary, got a whole new category of skin price created for it, which will now be used to price skins that are more detailed aesthetically than typical skins but less so than legendary skins.

Not far-fetched to consider that they might do the same with champions on release who have greater aesthetic qualities than all the other default champion skins available before.

Kha'zix skin get a bunch of new particle (or recolor how you look at it) sound for his spells, and voices which is pretty darn close to a legendary skin.

Sherrif

Recruiter

11-09-2012

Quote:
Maligan:
In Naruto, yes. Anime isn't exactly known for a realistic approach to things though. In other words, no one actually runs that way, as it's entirely impractical, mostly from a balance perspective.

However, given that LoL isn't entirely realistic either and highly stylized in general, it's a fun animation, and that's all that matters.

That and it's ironic in a humorous way. That sort of running style is inefficient mostly due to lack of balance, and Zed is part of a dark order that opposes the teachings of balance practiced by Shen and his ilk.

inb4 Udyr also has this run animation.

Shadow Master

11-09-2012

Quote:
Sherrif:
inb4 Udyr also has this run animation.

For some reason I've always gotten this weird feeling that Udyr is somehow inspired by Okami.

phar0ah1

11-10-2012

I think that run animation is Epic. Especially since i'm a fan of Naruto. Besides, no one cares whether its an optimal running position or not, its a game...

Kunushi

11-10-2012

How fast do you have to be going? Is it just with steroids like ghost? I spent a whole game building PDs and had MS5 boots with a yomou's and got nothing but standard running Zed.