Smartcasting: Can I customize it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drukyul

03-29-2013

I would like to know more about how smartcasting works in LoL.

Here are some questions that I have:

1) Is there any way to set smartcasting defaults on specific skills of specific champions? So, for example, Xerath's Q would be smartcasted just by hitting Q, but his E wouldn't be smartcasted, and no other champions would have any smartcasting without the Shift key.

2) Is there a way to reverse the smartcasting key? What I mean is, can I make smartcasting the default, and use Shift to not smartcast an ability?

3) Are all the options to customize smartcasting within the client, or do I need to mess with game files somewhere?

spicytaco69rr

03-29-2013

I actually do the same thing. I think tons of people do the same thing, so i wouldn't call it too weird. you aren't the only one who does it. It's not really a question that has a straight answer to how to solve it. Suggestions I can think of off the top of my head are finding a job or course or subject that allowed you to express all this analyzing and put it to good use. Or finding activities that allow you to do this. Relaxation things like baths, yoga, massages, etc to relax your mind. Doing more things that allow more "do" and less think. Like if you are intensely in a moment of something, you don't have time to stop and think. I don't think it's something that can be stopped per say, but can be controlled and be put to good use.

QwertyiouP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-29-2013

Yes, in-game there are key bindings, both for normal cast and for smart-cast. Normal cast is set to default (Q, W, E, R) and smart-cast is separately set with shift-(Q, W, E, R). Therefore, every game you can simply change the default smart-cast settings simply to Q, W, E, R.

There's also another way to save individual smart-casting, and it's with this. http://enigmablade.net/lol-smartcast-manager/

The way it works is, you can save each ability to smart-cast and what is still normal. You can do this for every champion you play. But before you go into game, during champion select, you have to switch to that champion in the smart-cast manager and click Save Hotkeys.

Drukyul

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytaco69rr View Post
Relaxation things like baths, yoga, massages, etc to relax your mind.
I don't know whether to downvote for your complete non-sequitur, or upvote for the bump.