No AMA about Darius-out of control

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Balchord

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattypay View Post
In addition, yes try the zhonya's thing, also try flashing at the very beginning of his ult animation. One would naturally expect if you flash or dash or somehow get 10+ feet away from him before the ult hits you, the MELEE attack will not go off. This is wrong. From the moment he jumps in the air to ult the damage is unstoppable so if you try to skillfully flash it and escape the teamfight say goodbye to your 5min cd because even though you landed across the altar/5ft away etc you will still take that damage.
Killing him mid animation stops the damage, but no cc works that I have seen.

Balchord

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeDontTazeMe View Post
have u seen how far garens ult goes? aslong as they r in your vision(not in fog of war) it will go off. its quite ridiculous
Yes but garens ult ALWAYS goes on cooldown.

PermaFriedRice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

dude changing the alters has nothing to do with darius's unreal amount of bs all you need to do is have 3 different skills by lvl 3 and you can kill anyone the one champion that needs a nerf and has needed one since day one is darius even if he may have been nerfed and i havent noticed that means he still needs to get nerfed caused sure as hell no one else would notice the difference too. for starters his ulti cd should not refresh and should be like 300 seconds along with his passive shouldnt stack 5 times if his ulti is gonna do true damage k lets not forget about the aditional 100 dmg the passive does every second for 5 seconds at max stats.

now someone try and tell me my statement is 100% invalid

White Pony

11-14-2012

I can't believe riot would even try to argue about darius and teemo being broken on the same thread. This many replies saying something's wrong, and all you can say is "We're gonna change altars" and "Nah, teemo's not broken. Use these pretty much useless long CD ward items we want you to use. That'll fix your problem". The wards are horrible. The cooldown on them makes them a waste of an inventory slot. Lower the cooldown on the lantern items, and that fixes our teemo problem. That one's easy. make the lantern items a 25 second cooldown, teemo is no longer as viable.

Such.... an easy.... fix. But you won't. Because your one opinion saying Teemo isn't broken is more valuable than your community's several hundred claims saying he is, right?

Darius.... well... I don't know what can be done about darius. His kit is so volitile that i feel like if you changed it he'd go from heavily broken to completely useless even with a minor change. he's a little tougher to crack.

But teemo? Lower the damn cooldowns! Problem solved!

Michael Stronk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

they should at the very least, do what they did to skarners ult!

mattypay

11-14-2012

I think many of you guys trying to counter argue darius's opness don't fully get the point. It's that not only is darius OP hes so OP that you have to do a godly amount to counter specifically him only, the problem is even when you do all this to counter ONLY darius aka kayle his ult, zilean his ult, or any other ridiculous suggestions you are forgetting you arent ONLY fighting this op darius.

It basically gives 2 ppl on his team a GG ez win card because your team had to waste kayle ult on darius only dmg so his other 2 ppl come in and poop on you while you are helpless without summoners/cds since you blew so many on trying to solely stop darius.

CragBlade

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skared View Post
darius just isnt out of control

hes really easy to shutdown in lane with lee sin, renekton, kayle*, shen, nidalee and garen among a few others.
Renekton loses pretty hard to Darius.

FDru

11-14-2012

Darius ruins the game. News at 11.

Riot is sure taking their sweet ass time with his rework.

Evesest

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
We're going to be trying a few tweaks to altar mechanics (and maybe also speed shrines) to try to knock bruisers down a notch or two.

The Zhonya's thing is pretty interesting though. I'll ask around about that particular interaction.
What the hell kind of indirect response is this to the problem? The thread is about Darius being completely unbalanced and OP in every sense of the word, and you go on about ALTARS?

Please fix your answer or delete it completely, because it was literally worthless.

Evesest

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoizengerd View Post
darius has a hard enough time sticking or even getting within range of targets, now you wanna take his only damage (cause let's be honest here, he's just a walking ultimate) away from him...if you got within melee range of darius you deserve to die, he's easy enough to kite and evade
lmao!!!!!!!!!!!