No AMA about Darius-out of control

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cravix

11-14-2012

Ive had some very unfun games while playing against Darius. The way I see things if a noob or mediocre can do well with a champ then how about the people who are good or pro with that champ.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Most ad casters beat him ezpz

BlazzedTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Ya, it's like a free kill button... and the best part is. If it works (which it always does) you get to do it again!!!!

Building that new "warmogs" item for 3s (quite honestly forget the name and can't find a list of new 3s items that well but it gives you 850 hp and a 200 HoT on kill or assits) makes it even harder.

Lets say you do manage to do damage on him or get the turret to hit him... when he throws that axe up you know he is going to get a kill, refresh the ulti, start a mad heal, and start looking for the next victim.

Eturnus

11-14-2012

Yeah nothing better than a well timed kayle ult to negate darius. haha

BlazzedTroll

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
We're testing out "stalling" mechanics for 1.72.

I honestly have not had issues with Teemo on the map. Hextech Sweeper and Grez's Lantern will counter his mushrooms.

I play teemo a lot. One game it was a Teemo v Teemo match. And I of course opted for the Hextech Sweeper (back when it was mov speed made it even better). I immediately out played the other teemo simply from not hitting his shrooms and him hitting all of mines.
Though this does bring up a good point (or at least I thought I had a good point)... Oracles Extract should be removed from this map.
The fact that it goes away when you die is one really bad flaw with it. This new map is much more K/D oriented and a lot of team fights go down. So first of all 250g can be a really big waist to turn around and die in first team fight.
Secondly, like the other summoner mentioned... it doesn't let you see into bushes. A lot of this map has bushes on it. So dropping shrooms on the edge of bushes is the easiest way to ensure a hit.
The range at which you see invisible units is really small.. I have had the elixir and still ran into teemo's shrooms in the open simply because I have so much move speed stacked that by the time I see it... I've plain hit it. Or I will see and and react and click the attack button but whether lag or misclick... still walk into the shroom anyway. The only way to avoid them is to click back away as fast and as much as possible when you see something.
On the aspect of characters in stealth, the extract isn't very useful because of the 'new' stealth. Most of the champions are seen when they get close anyway. If they are farther away, using one of the items you mentioned is the best option anyway.

Where to go from here? Find an essential tank item. (I recommend the new "Warmogs" +850 hp and HoT 200 on kill/assist). Add the same active to it. Delete the extract.
Why? ap users benefit from the hextech sweeper. ad users benefit from grez lantern. a tank/bruiser would benefit from the new warmog item (yes i forgot it's name). This way any role can buy a stealth counter. Or all roles can buy a stealth counter to ensure complete visibility of an area/sustained visibility of an area.

going to start a thread for those that agree.

Shamanb

11-14-2012

Darius, while strong, is SOOO FAR from being as strong as you make him ...

His ult does around 195-200 at lvl 6, that's a maximum of 400 with 5 stacks.

Olaf does 220 at lvl 5 on an insanely low cd... His Axe hurt a lot too and his ult is a combined Cleanse + immune cc + armor + MR + armor pen . . . Starting to see my point here ?

Also, Kayle does completely waste Darius from my experience.

Axil

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamanb View Post
Darius, while strong, is SOOO FAR from being as strong as you make him ...

His ult does around 195-200 at lvl 6, that's a maximum of 400 with 5 stacks.

Olaf does 220 at lvl 5 on an insanely low cd... His Axe hurt a lot too and his ult is a combined Cleanse + immune cc + armor + MR + armor pen . . . Starting to see my point here ?

Also, Kayle does completely waste Darius from my experience.
Olaf q does 220 his true damage does 340

iPeekAtChu

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexRgis View Post
In regards to the altars, it's not just Darius that is a problem, it's all bruisers. Altars require a champion to be on it for it to be contested, so squishy champions simply cannot do anything about it other than poke away and sadly watch the altar be locked for 90 seconds. Maybe a dominion style counter would be prudent. Champions that stay on the altar start capturing it, damage source stops them for countering for a very short period. This allows ranged champions to actually have some influence over captures and leads to more dynamic altar engages, rather than simply take the beating and scram afterwards.
Personally I like this idea.

iPeekAtChu

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazzedTroll View Post
Ya, it's like a free kill button... and the best part is. If it works (which it always does) you get to do it again!!!!

Building that new "warmogs" item for 3s (quite honestly forget the name and can't find a list of new 3s items that well but it gives you 850 hp and a 200 HoT on kill or assits) makes it even harder.

Lets say you do manage to do damage on him or get the turret to hit him... when he throws that axe up you know he is going to get a kill, refresh the ulti, start a mad heal, and start looking for the next victim.
Darius has a free kill button but it is nothing if you bring the right tools. For one, any bruiser who's attack speed is lowered, Including Darius, it will drastically change what is happening. Exhaust is way more viable for top lane than most spells against bruisers. All you really even have to do is Exhaust Darius when you are going to finish off Darius. True damage does not get lowered by Exhaust, but if you can slow Darius's attack speed he wont proc his Passive onto you as much as normal. So then His ultimate is blatantly not as powerful.

If you go against Darius in 3's I would just bring an extra exhaust. I don't play 3's often so I wouldn't know how powerful Darius is. Personally I think all bruisers are hella strong in 3's still, Not just Darius.

I remember playing a 3's game against Darius on the old map and he was fed as hell but we still held in there and won the game. But because we had 2 exhausts.

iPeekAtChu

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixaLollipop View Post
Olaf q does 220 his true damage does 340
If you play AP Mid Cho'Gath his ult is 300+apratio and 1100 truedamage with a full build plus only 60sec cooldown thats enough to go back buy items and wait another 40 secs to ult someone again for 1100, If Darius misses ult he has a 80second cooldown(somewhere near that) and Cho'Gath still keeps munching with his 60sec cooldown.

Im not sure why Darius is getting a lot of Attention. Don't get me wrong, I love Cho'Gath and im okay with his 1100 nuke :O! I just don't know why Darius gets the glory

Ill take Cho'Gaths 1100True Damage to Darius's 500 (Max) True Damage Anyday.