No AMA about Darius-out of control

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aikimiller

11-08-2012

A good Darius is pretty much unstoppable in blind pick solo queue TT, unless you luck into counter picking him. He's really just too strong.

I remember a while ago, there was talk of his ult being "toxic", and them wanting to rework it. I sincerely hope this gets done. Bruisers are WAY too strong on this map and that needs to be addressed badly, true, but Darius is definatly one of the worst.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikimiller View Post
A good Darius is pretty much unstoppable in blind pick solo queue TT, unless you luck into counter picking him. He's really just too strong.

I remember a while ago, there was talk of his ult being "toxic", and them wanting to rework it. I sincerely hope this gets done. Bruisers are WAY too strong on this map and that needs to be addressed badly, true, but Darius is definatly one of the worst.
A good anyone is unstoppable in blind pick

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeDontTazeMe View Post
have u seen how far garens ult goes? aslong as they r in your vision(not in fog of war) it will go off. its quite ridiculous
it doesn't reset for whatever reason

also darius ultimate has a way stupid mechanic that if he doesn't do the damage then the ultimate doesn't go on CD you'd be surprised how many times you are killed by Darius's teammate while his ult is on animaton jsut to find out to secods later that the ult in fact resetted and he's getting a double kill with it.

Omesh

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattypay View Post
TL;DR: Darius literally can solo ace teams with very little skill and almost impossible to kill before he kills all 3 of your team. RIOT STAYS SILENT WHILE I PLAY WITH/AGAINST DARIUS EVERYGAME.
Every Darius I play with or against who actually believes this is true winds up losing the game for whichever team he's on. Every. Single. Time. The Darius players I have run into who possess "very little skill" end up farming poorly, building poorly, and playing stupidly, operating under the belief that they can crash into a 1v3 and win on the strength of their ultimate.

It's not true. I can't speak to how much skill Darius actually requires, but a bad Darius player or a mediocre Darius player is a wasted spot as much as a bad Veigar player is a wasted spot. Not saying that he doesn't have balance issues, but it's not like Johnny Terrible can queue Darius for his first ever Treeline game, walk into the match, and solo ace everybody while farming Vilemaw and getting all the CS ever and maintaining both altars.

hi im isaac

Recruiter

11-08-2012

What about Teemo and the fact that it gets out of control with his mushrooms? Smaller map = more mushrooms everywhere. And no way to counter it either.

"Oh, just buy an oracles"
"Yeah, okay. I bought one. Now let me check the edge of this bu-- ****!"

He place it on the edge of the bush, GG. He places it in the most obscure places, gg. He places it everywhere and you die in a team fight from trying to run and not looking at the ground with an oracles on, GG.

Why does Teemo get infinite wards? Nidalee's traps aren't that bad. They don't do that much damage. Neither do Cait's. But Teemos shrooms are stupid op...

Nome, we'd like some insight on this too.

SmokingJoeNL

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAg Maze View Post
What about Teemo and the fact that it gets out of control with his mushrooms? Smaller map = more mushrooms everywhere. And no way to counter it either.

He place it on the edge of the bush, GG. He places it in the most obscure places, gg. He places it everywhere and you die in a team fight from trying to run and not looking at the ground with an oracles on, GG.

Why does Teemo get infinite wards? Nidalee's traps aren't that bad. They don't do that much damage. Neither do Cait's. But Teemos shrooms are stupid op...

Teemo sells merch. Good luck getting a change on that hero.

George W Nome

Game Designer

11-08-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexRgis View Post
Eh the Zhonya's thing is expected. It works the same way as Vlad's pool, Elise's jump, or Fizz's hop. Darius rises into the air, but never connects with it, so the cd never gets checked if the hero died or not. It works the same way as Skarner's ult does, there is a windup before the move actually connects, and if you disjoint Skarner's ult it doesn't go on CD either. It seems inconsistent with other spells in the game (i.e. Taric's dazzle or Sion's stun which do go on CD right after cast, not on connection), but those tend to be ranged skills rather than a bit closer like Skarner and Darius. I believe Singed's flip works the same way, the displacement must occur for the CD to start (it has an extremely short windup).

Although I do notice that if you cc Darius during his wind up, it still follows through, akin to Ezreal's and Lux's ult. Not sure if intended or not, although Riot has mentioned that Ez/Lux's ults were meant to function like that.

In regards to the altars, it's not just Darius that is a problem, it's all bruisers. Altars require a champion to be on it for it to be contested, so squishy champions simply cannot do anything about it other than poke away and sadly watch the altar be locked for 90 seconds. Maybe a dominion style counter would be prudent. Champions that stay on the altar start capturing it, damage source stops them for countering for a very short period. This allows ranged champions to actually have some influence over captures and leads to more dynamic altar engages, rather than simply take the beating and scram afterwards.

I also found it confusing that in a map with no wards, a speed shrine was also placed. Yes this makes ganks fast and furious, but it leads to scared play, where you don't venture too far from your tower in fear of being ganked. I agree that wards should be removed in such a small map (requires almost no gold investment to be safe from ganks for both lanes), but a speed shrine tips it over a little. Maybe have the shrine ramp up speed as you stand on it and decrease when you leave it? Or simply have a decaying speed buff when you move off it.

Overall TT feels much better in that jungle isn't reduced to essentially Nunu, Lee, and Shyv (although they are still godly), ganks are easier to come by, and pushing isn't punished by turtling. It's just frustrating that bruisers control most of the action (although being balanced around 5v5 does make it a problem for 3v3s i.e. Olaf only having to deal with 3 sources of incoming damage rather than 5), and altars don't help this issue.

Thanks Nome for your time, I was a fan of Nome's Wisdom back in HoN haha.
We're testing out "stalling" mechanics for 1.72.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAg Maze View Post

I honestly have not had issues with Teemo on the map. Hextech Sweeper and Grez's Lantern will counter his mushrooms.

Argothes

11-08-2012

I heard Kayle likes to kill Darius.

ZetsubouFallen

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
We're testing out "stalling" mechanics for 1.72.

I honestly have not had issues with Teemo on the map. Hextech Sweeper and Grez's Lantern will counter his mushrooms.
I can't wait a whole minute just to see if the mushroom are there, also i need those items to check the bushes instead of going rambo into them where skarner, darius and renekton will rape me.

Skared

11-08-2012

darius just isnt out of control

hes really easy to shutdown in lane with lee sin, renekton, kayle*, shen, nidalee and garen among a few others.

1234567 ... 8