No AMA about Darius-out of control

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forfeitish

11-07-2012

I've tried to Vlad pool his ult before. Imagine my shock and surprise when I popped out of the immunity ready to kick some Darius ass only to get ulted again in the face.

KevinDelMarr

11-07-2012

You think Darius is evil on TT? Try Garen

DudeDontTazeMe

11-07-2012

have u seen how far garens ult goes? aslong as they r in your vision(not in fog of war) it will go off. its quite ridiculous

Sessamo

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoizengerd View Post
Darius has a hard enough time sticking or even getting within range of targets, now you wanna take his only damage (cause let's be honest here, he's just a walking ultimate) away from him...if you got within melee range of Darius you deserve to die, he's easy enough to kite and evade
I hate seeing this. Where did the notion come from?
Is Darius slightly more vulnerable to kiting than other bruisers? Yes, lack of movement speed until he hits you with a spell does make kiting one of his weaknesses.
But it's not a glaring weakness, and it's his only weakness on this earth.
He is immune to armor, he cannot be raced by AS champions and he's extremely sticky.

Honestly Darius just really stinks of 2011 design. Playing against him is just like fighting 3xHoG Jarvan all over again. If he's behind he just piles on heavy defense items and remains a threat; if he gets ahead and builds DPS he annihilates any of your melee champions.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Shaco can escape darius ult either by ulting or dashing.

xYalahX

11-08-2012

Darius is extremely frustrating to play against all the time. The best way to deal with him is to just ban him. Alternatively, don't push your lane and have your jungler camp his ass pre-6. He has no real escape outside of summoners and he's a lot less scary without the RRR spam.

Also, don't pick a melee champ to lane against Darius. Bullying the other melee bullies is what he does best.

Dreampod

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexRgis View Post

In regards to the altars, it's not just Darius that is a problem, it's all bruisers. Altars require a champion to be on it for it to be contested, so squishy champions simply cannot do anything about it other than poke away and sadly watch the altar be locked for 90 seconds. Maybe a dominion style counter would be prudent. Champions that stay on the altar start capturing it, damage source stops them for countering for a very short period. This allows ranged champions to actually have some influence over captures and leads to more dynamic altar engages, rather than simply take the beating and scram afterwards.

I also found it confusing that in a map with no wards, a speed shrine was also placed. Yes this makes ganks fast and furious, but it leads to scared play, where you don't venture too far from your tower in fear of being ganked. I agree that wards should be removed in such a small map (requires almost no gold investment to be safe from ganks for both lanes), but a speed shrine tips it over a little. Maybe have the shrine ramp up speed as you stand on it and decrease when you leave it? Or simply have a decaying speed buff when you move off it.

Overall TT feels much better in that jungle isn't reduced to essentially Nunu, Lee, and Shyv (although they are still godly), ganks are easier to come by, and pushing isn't punished by turtling. It's just frustrating that bruisers control most of the action (although being balanced around 5v5 does make it a problem for 3v3s i.e. Olaf only having to deal with 3 sources of incoming damage rather than 5), and altars don't help this issue.

Thanks Nome for your time, I was a fan of Nome's Wisdom back in HoN haha.
This.

Having no way to contest or stall altars for mages and ranged is absolutely devastating and forces you to keep a bruiser or tank within 5 seconds of your altar at all times or the enemy can straight up ninja it. Other than outright killing an enemy in the 3-5 seconds between responding and full capping there really isn't anything that anyone who relies on positioning to survive can do.

I think replacing the speed shrine with a neutral minion camp would be about ideal in my opinion. The current jungle is very deep in enemy territory and thus very safe until midgame unless the entire team goes to counter jungle (which probably loses you more in lost lane farm than it nets you). Having a central minion camp would make the jungle more interesting than walking in a circle killing relatively harmless camps and would give a actual reason and way for dedicated junglers (which I feel is how the meta is likely to shake out) to interact and contest with each other.

ZestyWonderbeast

11-08-2012

During the duration of flash, you should be untargatable. I am tire of dying from an auto attack from Tryndamere or some other mele champ when I am on the other side of a wall. Seriously that stuff happens. It is also weird when I am playing Garen, and I use my ult as someone flashes away and i strike them with a godly sword from 50 feet away.

ZestyWonderbeast

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
I hate seeing this. Where did the notion come from?
Is Darius slightly more vulnerable to kiting than other bruisers? Yes, lack of movement speed until he hits you with a spell does make kiting one of his weaknesses.
But it's not a glaring weakness, and it's his only weakness on this earth.
He is immune to armor, he cannot be raced by AS champions and he's extremely sticky.

Honestly Darius just really stinks of 2011 design. Playing against him is just like fighting 3xHoG Jarvan all over again. If he's behind he just piles on heavy defense items and remains a threat; if he gets ahead and builds DPS he annihilates any of your melee champions.
Are you guys kidding that Darius is lacking movespeed? His passive grants him 5% more movespeed for every bleeding champ, and he has a slow on his w, not to mention if he just goes ahead and buys a phage.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

darius isnt even that good lol

123456 ... 8