Twisted Treeline AMA Recap

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NiGHTS Noob

11-08-2012

Quote:
Nocticate: Can you keep the old TT as a custom game mode?

Volibar: We want to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever go create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner’s Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps – especially if competitive play is to grow on TT, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental to that.
If you ever remove a feature from an existing game that in no way hinders the fun players may have, and you lose even 1 player because of it, then you have failed as game developers. Plain and simple.

Making your game worse for anyone, without bringing a benefit to anyone else means you have failed.

Talk about the quality of your game all you want, you no longer have any credibility if you can't understand that concept.

goatfisher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

New map blows! Updating a map instead of creating a new map is lazy and just plain stupid. Im sure a lot of people feel the same way. You have many fans and you cant give them a simple old TT option. What a joke.

Wretched Spleen

11-08-2012

What disgusts me about the comments on this post is that anyone who has anything good to say about the new map gets down voted. I don't like the new map personally but i think its great that others enjoy playing it. Just because their opinion is different doesn't make it wrong. Down voting them doesn't make your opinion better.

Wretched Spleen

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatfisher View Post
New map blows! Updating a map instead of creating a new map is lazy and just plain stupid. Im sure a lot of people feel the same way. You have many fans and you cant give them a simple old TT option. What a joke.
Have you ever played the new map? It IS a new map. It's completely different and that's why a lot of people don't like it. Get your head out of your ass.

Wretched Spleen

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiGHTS Noob View Post
Making your game worse for anyone, without bringing a benefit to anyone else means you have failed..
So, you're saying that no one benefits from this new map? What about all the people that enjoy playing it? Just because you don't like it doesn't automatically make it so that NO ONE likes it. I'm very happy that Riot is actually paying attention to TT. I don't like the new map personally, but as a frequent TT player, i felt abandoned by Riot.

Wretched Spleen

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Liadrin View Post
Even if I like the new TT, I can be objective enough to tell you that it's nothing like the old TT;
I thought the point was that it was a completely new version of TT? If it were exactly like the old TT, it wouldn't be a new map now would it?

Wretched Spleen

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiejung View Post
lol riot can replace any player , they have millions on top of millions of players who play this game , but the main problem here is , there are only a few players like u who actually prefer the new 3s over the old 1. and btw give my comment another 10 mins , im sure it will have far more likes than urs, garenteed.
And you have proof that only a few players like the new map? Have you talked to everyone in the community and taken their opinions? I didn't think so. And if you're only posting on here to get "more likes" then maybe you should go to Facebook. That community might be more suited for your age level.

NiGHTS Noob

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetid Wang View Post
So, you're saying that no one benefits from this new map? What about all the people that enjoy playing it? Just because you don't like it doesn't automatically make it so that NO ONE likes it. I'm very happy that Riot is actually paying attention to TT. I don't like the new map personally, but as a frequent TT player, i felt abandoned by Riot.
Not what I was saying, removing the old TT doesn't benefit anyone. But it does disappoint a lot of people, thus it is utterly stupid to remove it.

The new one has no bearing on that point.

Choas Seraph

11-08-2012

I think the bots need to be brought down a notch. i dont know if its inexperinced players or not but in pvp it seems you can take altars alot faster. The bots also go for both of them really fast were as in pvp people generally dont fight for them. This is making 3v3 bots a lot harder then PvP and for something that should be practice is a little to hard. I did a few bots and lost them but i win 75% or so of my 3v3 matchs when the team doesn't d/c. Its something you guys can consider. I also heard that it was recommended to new players. 3v3 needs to be for the older players new ones just cant keep up and really bring down a team into basically 2-3 fights all game and u cant keep up.

An87YearOldWoman

11-08-2012

WAKE UP RIOT!!!!!

Quote:
Martinuggla: Why didn't you guys just release the new Twisted Treeline as a new map and keep the old one?

Volibar: When we started looking at Twisted Treeline really heavily at the beginning of this year, there were a lot of major issues that we and the community noticed. Turtling was rampant, the meta was pretty stale, and there were a number of exploits that had way too much of an impact on the game. There was no way to adequately address these by doing a few simple changes here and there. We tried many different layouts, some more dramatic than others, and a ton of other solutions. Buffs, items, altars, etc. all play into this as well and we playtested the hell out of it the whole way with the goal of preserving the fast paced, high action 3v3 feel that we thought TT should represent.

Nocticate: Can you keep the old TT as a custom game mode?

Volibar: We want to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever go create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner’s Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps – especially if competitive play is to grow on TT, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental to that.
Dont want to split the focus??? What are you retorted?!?!?!? I mean FFS you have millions of players if we want both the god d@mn maps then give them to us! How would it hurt to give players more options on how THEY want to play? You are not god RIOT you are not always right; BRING BACK THE OLD MAP FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO KEEP PLAYING IT!!! The new map is fast paced, feels rushed and really has no strategy. Call it Shadow F*CKING iles or whatever you want but this is NOT twisted tree line!!!!

P.S. Great ****ing job teaching people not to buy wards. I know this $hit game doesn't penalize you for a death but common! you should never remove wards from a game to "speed it up." Like taking away condoms from Africa to "help them get over aids faster."

Quote:
xBaShBrOsx: What made you guys decide to limit the vision on the map to the alters and actives on items and remove wards?

rjcombo: There are a number of reasons for the changes related to vision. The reduced size of the map (we removed almost all of the top jungle) means a couple of strategically placed wards would make ganking overly difficult. We also wanted players to focus their gold income on items that empower their champion in combat instead of wards. Finally the temporary vision actives on Hextech Sweeper and Grez's Spectral Lantern add interesting gameplay choices without having to completely sacrifice the stats you want on a champion.