Twisted Treeline AMA Recap

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ELOGAHMAS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

I love it!! Thanks for making 3s fun again!!!

Runix

11-08-2012

Thanks Riot, love the new map, and the insights are appreciated.

Don't let the "I played nothing but jungle Trynd on the old TT map and you have ruined my life, I want my life back" people get you down. This is a big step forward for the player base as a whole.

juntaenna

11-08-2012

ok...not to be too rude or anything...but i call complete and utter bs on this...one the map is glitchy as all hell...both me and my friends have completely lost sight of people, such as riven, when they were in mid lane and not near any bushes or anything. we have just completely lost vision as if they turned the corner or ran into a bush when they havent even moved and its caused us to die numorous times. i personally dont like the concept of playing dominion in threes...i hate dominion because its over too fast and atleast my experience is most of the champions i love like kog'maw get utterly decimated. pretty much what it seems like now is that if you see certain champions you might as well just sit in base and wait to lose because youll never be able to take them even 3v1 even at level 1. i had one instance, against riven again, that me as kog...a kayle and an udyr got completely decimated by riven just because we constantly lost sight of her in an open area fight...she had nothing to run into to hide in yet the game kept making us lose sight and in turn die. other times that game...even with kog AND kayles shred capability riven ignored it all and just pieced us even though we both hd tons of % health damage. i am not going to be one of the people that just stands here and jerks riot off by saying how great it is and not addressing any problems...yeah the map would be nice if they would bring back some of the early sustain for the squishy champions...like wriggles...but remove the ward...or something like that...and if the damned bugs would be able to get fixed...i had a level 1 karthus bot hit me for 700 damage with one lay waste...i know it was only one because i was avoiding them like the plague and i got minion trapped and insta gibbed. if these issues could be addressed and fixed then yeah...it might be a fun game that people like me would love to play...but as it stands right now...if we cant play the champions we like...then why the hell do we want to play the map?
for the record...the new map is not twisted treeline...its shadow isles...get it right people...if your gonna remove twisted treeline just get rid of maokai as his entire lore is of twistedtreeline...thats like changing soraka and warwicks lore to not include each other yet still having them be as they are...oh wait they actually are going to to do that...makes to freakin sense and lacks any consistancy

Emmersblade

Recruiter

11-08-2012

Have really been enjoying the new TT map! Finally started playing 3's with my ranked team and we used to be strictly 5's. The new layout of the map seems to flow soo much better. The top jungle of the old TT always seemed to be a cluster of random camps that seemed out of place.

The alter system has been a nice addition I think. I feel people are mistaking how objective based the Summoner's Rift is. Dragon, Blue-Red buff control, Baron, 11 turrets and 3 inhibiters to move through. With the smaller map with only the Spider, 5 Turrets, and 2 inhibiters, there needed to be something more to bring together the team strategy of map control and positioning.

Bravo Riot! Really enjoying the new TT map.

Scrapper Jerry

11-08-2012

Needs more reddit hate

iainB85

11-08-2012

I don't want the old TT back, I agree with your decision there.

However, I do think that something needs to be done about bruisers on the map.... they just dominate way too much.

tvuester

11-08-2012

We said we WANT NEW MAPS, we didn't tell riot to CHANGE and RUIN a MAP!!

demon666

11-08-2012

i love new tt but its seems a waist to throw the other away content wise remeber not all of us have the time to go pro and play 30 ranked matches everyday dont loose sight of casual players pls....i know u love money n everything but all u guys say yur passion is games not money thats what yur vision was remeber?

demon666

11-08-2012

or at least thats what all yur articals say

pjkreis

11-08-2012

When you said you were fixing and improving TT I was almost jumping of joy, it sounded amazing and I (just like a lot of people) was very excited. If we just had known you were going to completely remake TT and make it a totally different map....

No one was expecting that

PD: the insight on your decisions is amazing though, it's always nice to know why.