MOBAfire vs Solomid.net?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChampStat

11-07-2012

I hear people say that Mobafire guides are inferior to Solomid guides, as a rule. Why is this? I've looked at both websites, and they seem to have similar quality control mechanisms. Is it just because the pro team name Solomid attracts higher-skill guidemakers?

Ten Inch Rooster

11-07-2012

The main difference I find is the more popular champs have better guides on Solomid as many of the strategies are either written or approved by pro-level players who have lots of experience with those champions. However, the odd-ball champions will have good guides on mobafire (Karma is the best example of this I think).

zraven7

11-07-2012

Mobafire allows just about anyone to post guides. This can lead to some "eh" guides being put up there. Personally, I go to solomid, lolpro, and mobafire, and compare a few different builds. Once you realize why people are suggesting certain items and masteries, and why others might not be, then you'll start to get it.

So, yeah, look at em all.

Onireaper

11-07-2012

they are exactly the same, its like one person liking xbox more then ps2.

the same people posting and approving on solomid are on mobafire.

MadTenuki

11-07-2012

Yeah, I've heard over and over solomid is better, and of course a guide from an active professional is going to have a better build path than what you get on mobafire, that said though, mobafire layout is so much better, guides seem to be updated more often, less ads, and you do get those people that have just spent so much time on their guides they're amazing. And I'm past the point where I'm following guides blindly so mobafire works for me much better when I'm just trying to browse up on a champ really quickly before the game starts. I use both sites, but if I'm looking at a site during champion select before game starts, I go to mobafire.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-07-2012

From my understanding, though I don't use either site too frequently, mobafire has a lot more 'pubstomp' guides, or guides written by people who think it's great just because it works for them. Most of the time, these types of guides provide advice that is actually harmful to the players that need guides the most.

Judas Priest

11-07-2012

Solomid has too many out of date guides, I don't like it too much,

CounterSnipe

11-07-2012

Solomid.net features guides about ranked play, and their guides are written by lots of gold and platinum level players. I think you have to be at least 2k elo for your guide to be featured on their site.

Pro players and noob players have an equal amount of influence on how a Mobafire guide is rated. This is why we see a lot of "Featured" mobafire guides that are actually quite bad.

Both sites have good and bad guides, but solomid.net is spearheaded by TSM (team solo mid) which is a popular N.A. team that competes in large LoL tournament events. With this kind of backing solomid.net has more bragging rights than mobafire does over how successful their guides are.

SacredWinds

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Solomid is better all around. Some of the builds on mobafire are questionable to say the least.

Nidilen

11-08-2012

ChampStat

The solomid guides tend to be on the better side, though Mobafire does have some great guides aswell. I say that solomid has better ones because they have people looking at the guides that are on the professional end.

Though its mainly going to be personal preference, because for most item customizations there is no right or wrong. (Besides building all AP on Vayne haha)

Nidilen