Someone Who Loves Altars

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tom59593

11-07-2012

So I've been reading a lot of negative feedback regarding the new map for a while now, and I just wanted to post to show that not EVERYONE hates the altar idea. In no way am I attempting to persuade you that dislike the altars to agree with me, and I'd expect the same courtesy in return.

Before the remake, I enjoyed 3v3 a little bit. It was the first map I ever played, and I leveled to probably level 10 playing only Twisted Treeline. Then I fell in love with the depth of Summoner's Rift, and I never really looked back. Most of that is due to the fact that none of my friends ever wanted to play 3v3 anymore, so I stuck with them so we could play together.

After the remake, I absolutely LOVE 3v3. It is literally an improvement in every way for me. I realize this is an uncommon opinion, but that's ok. I love the fact that losing a team fight means you'll probably lose an altar, and that altars mean so much. It gives weight to those things. I love that you really need to be the agressor at an altar if you want to actually capture or defend it. I love the fact that you can't just sit in lane the whole game. I love the fact that there's this speed buff in the middle to make crazy stuff happen.

I just love how I have to be on my toes at all times. I love that I have to constantly be making sure they don't capture my altar and if I have theirs I love that I have to get ready before the 90 seconds is up to defend the sucker so they don't gain their gold advantage back. I love the new items. I love the new jungle with all it's fog of war and places to hide. I love the fact that if an enemy leaves lane I know exactly where they are even if I can't see them. I love how important team fights are.

Basically, I love the new 3v3 map, and I'd be ok if they left it as is from now on. I realize and understand why most of us disagree with that notion, but I just wanted to make sure it was understood that there ARE people out there that really like the new map.