Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

De4thsk1ll

11-07-2012

What is even the point in getting flat armorpen nowadays if you can simply get +15 ad from runes. If you math it out your autoattacks will ALWAYS deal more dmg to a target with any amount of armor with flat ad runes rather than the flat armorpen you get from runes. Looking at abilities i checked it on talon vs a sivir bot who had a dorans shield. My results:
25 armorpen: talon rake
66 lvl1
114 lvl3
154 lvl5
200 lvl6 with bruta
278 lvl9 with bruta

15 ad:
70 lvl1
108 lvl3
142 lvl5
180 lvl6 with bruta
248 lvl9 with bruta

you will deal 30 more dmg on lvl9 if but in the early levels even having exactly the armorpen that maks your dmg truedmg you wont deal significantly more dmg. not just that. You will be worse at farming cause your abilities deal less dmg to creeps and your autoattacks are much weaker (difference of 15 ad).
Now that you changed the flat armorpen being after the % armorpen BUT nerfing both of them there will be pretty much no difference.
I mean its really not funny at all to be fiora killing the enemy hecarim twice on toplane but then getting outdmgd because he bought ninja tabi and a frozen heart. I had 200 ad 50armorpen and did ~70 dmg hits. Did he just "outplay" me by buying only armor and dealing twice my dmg as a result? i dont know.

at least it would be good to have an incentive to go for armorpen runes rather than the flat ad which are pretty much stronger in every aspect atm. If not prove me wrong please.

I hope i didnt confuse you too much

slou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

So I'm losing the old Black Cleaver? It's now a lot weaker vs low armour targets, which I loved picking it against? Why not add a new item, instead of changing one that is strong incertain situations?

Shadou

11-07-2012

Please Xypherous, can you provide other items info such as support items please and anything about the ward pricing I heard about?

ØJêšušØ

11-07-2012

If youd like more information on a specific change, reply to the thread and Ill answer your question if I can.

88th page , 1 reply. lul
nice changed though!

LunarisDream

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeuss1990 View Post
I love you Xypherous.

EDIT: What items will you be adding to help Melee AD Carries? What about AD Casters and AD Assassins? I main champions like Riven, Fiora, Master Yi, Tryndamere, Xin Zhao, Jax, and Lee Sin.

EDIT #2: OH MY GOD. Dat new Black Cleaver. BARE MY CHILDREN?
*bear

Neartheninjaz

11-07-2012

im a bit scared because now people will be able to spam or target characters that really don't have high defense so now they will just be able to target weak target without any health or defense?

Beltroniko

11-07-2012

Hey Xypherous,

How do BC in different champs on the same team stack with each other?

If they do, what's the drawback on a "100% AD" comp, imagine:

Garen, MF, Panth, Ashe, Corki team, having BC's on Panth, MF and Corki.

How can you counter them?

Thanks in advance,
Belt

Critmaster Garen

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisty777 View Post
First, thanks for responding. Second I wasn't implying that you should get to just roam around a god bursting down any 'ol Alister with his ult active. However, like a few people mentioned, AP burst/ assassins scale better into late game because of items like Rabadons and DFG. . Expensive AD items like IE are good on ranged AD casters like Corki and Graves because they can land multiple hits and get sustained crits in. For melee burst casters they get a few hits in and need slip out of there while things come off cooldown at which they may not even get a crit. Playing and AD caster, I would just like a better way/faster way to proc more stacks of the new BC (or other items) to help my team and get in some more damage. So that way if I didn't go 13-1 in the first 20 min of the game, that 140 armor brusier will still keep a wary eye on my because my burst wont just tickle and put me in the back of the group waiting for everything to come off cd.

Perhaps things like physical bleeds or slow could proc the new BC over the time that they are in effect? Such as a 2 second slow would proc BC once per second? If players have something like Frozen Mallet it may behoove them to take a BC over LW?

I apologize if there are other items in the work that would answer this problem, and sorry for the extended rant
in regards to talon. his ult will do the trick. it hits your opponent multiple times for physical damage. instant 5 black cleaver stacks without the need to apply them with auto attacks.

Cha0sniper

11-07-2012

So Xypherous, any hints as to what changes you made in regards to FoN and tank items that now have its attributes? Inquiring minds just got to know!

DarkPercy

11-07-2012

Xypherous why aren't you plat yet? Don't you play ranked games sometimes :P?