Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Analyze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Could you go into deeper detail on what kind of new actives we can look to expect in S3? I'm curious about supports. Will they be getting their own sort of Wriggles Lantern Item?

Also, I'm interested to see what you guys are doing about specializing items in terms of movement speed. It's not fun having to build non-optimal items just because they give move speed that you want.

Auricthunder

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willo View Post
It was said in the first post that

The Black Cleaver
+45 Attack Damage
+10% Cooldown Reduction
+10 Armor Penetration
Passive: Dealing physical damage to an enemy reduces their Armor by 5% for 6 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times on the same target. (Doesn't say Unique passive! :O)

Right?... Are you essentially saying that you could build more than one Black Cleaver? (such as it was sometime in S2)

And would it stack 2 stacks per Physical damage struck?
The safe money is that he just forgot to say the effects are unique. Otherwise, this would signal a dramatic change in design philosophy regarding item stats...

serratedblade

11-07-2012

Are there any plan on changing madreds blood razor , to actually making it a viable pick and also making on hit build viable in season 3.
Lets say you take the recurve bow and maybe add that same cloth armor with the malady.

1825+ 300+ 1050= 3175 for the total of the items and + 700 for the recipe cost of the new madreds blood razor. The new cost would be relatively the same. 3875.

Madreds malady
+60 Ability Power +40% Attack Speed +25 Armor
UNIQUE Passive: Your basic attacks deal bonus magic damage equal to 4% of the target's maximum Health.
UNIQUE Passive: increases the effectiveness of other on hit abilities by X%( x is for balance issues)
UNIQUE Passive: reduce the target's Magic Resist by 10 for 8 seconds (effect stacks up to 3 times).

Just a suggestion , but I like building kayle on hit, and I feel like madreds blood razor with its ad just pulls me back toomuch

Goggles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

I used to build Black Cleaver as an AD/AS item that provided a good amount of armor reduction as an ADC. Will there be another item that provides AD and AS to fill that slot, or are we stuck building zeal/pd?

I say stuck not because I think those are bad, I just happen to prefer getting AD along with my attack speed in many cases for ratios on abilities.

TisTheWay

11-07-2012

Tenacity item buffs?

demestoss

11-07-2012

I have 2 questions I would really like addressed.

Even though % now applies before flat (meaning having both on 1 item isn't completely stupid). what prompted the whole % passive rather than just mimic the original stacking flat reduction?

IMO having a flat reduction makes more sense because it gives you the choice. Do i want to be effective vs low armor targets (ie critical target assassins), then get BC (a flat reduction version). Do i want to be able to take on heavily armored targets, get that Last Whisper. It gives 2 items separate purposes rather than both having the same general effect for you as a single champ.

2nd Question

What will replace the (although quite small) niche that old BC filled? I was cumming when i heard % before flat coz i was thinking that BC on Xin!!! But without the attack speed and again with only % reduction its a bit meh to the champs who previously used it as it was.

Will there be another DMG plus Attack Speed replacement or was this deemed too strong with the ADC itemization changes planned?

Edit : this ended up being more than 2 individual questions, but think of it as two questions in general

metafoxx

11-07-2012

Something nobody has asked yet:

What is the new COST and build path for the new Black Cleaver?

Also, what are some other plans for items? Some of the most asked-for things are:

1. A huge improvement (or deletion) of tiamat.
2. An upgrade item for Haunting Guise to build into.
3. Spirit Visage is over-specialized (imo. I don't think it's bad, but it's the only item in the game that gives MR and CDR, it's cheap with small stats but has no upgrade, and it's passive effect is often wasted on all but a select few characters. I think it should be remade or replaced by an ~2k gold item that offers slightly better MR/CDR stats and a more generally useful "heal" type effect. Maybe a support-style active?)

DonkeyTamer

11-07-2012

Cool

Pirahna

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVariety View Post
I know that you said that their is going to be more options to building a Heart of Gold so you're not always seemed to be "forced" to build Randuins, but I'd like to know if that means Locket gets a slight buff too.
Xypherous' opening post stated that you shouldn't feel compelled to buy Randuin's Omen when you buy a Warden's Mail, so that sounds like to me that it's getting at least one more item to upgrade into.

vairoletto

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KettleKern View Post
Do Yorick ghoul autos apply BC?
I came to ask the same thing, his W and E do magic damage so they wont proc the new BC, but a Q charged autoattack+your 3 ghouls AAs would instantly max BC if this work.