Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-07-2012

Considering how Malady is never built in higher level games due to being a rather weak dead-end item. Will it get a similar make-over as Black Cleaver just did? Shred MR whenever magic damage is dealt in any form?

Seriously, only time I see it built is in troll builds where you see Orianna players focusing their build around their Passive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
You realize that Talon isn't the only AD Caster right? And even if it were the case - Assassins have no right being able to murder everyone they please at a moment's notice with impunity?

You're an assassin that takes out high priority targets. You *don't* just get to murder everyone in the game without tradeoffs.
I think the focus on AD Assassins in this line of discussion comes from the fact that they're even more screwed over than bruiser-y AD Casters...and that Black Cleaver isn't going to be particularly amazing on them, especially if it's someone like Kha'zix whose abilities are all single-hits.

Are there more AD Caster items coming up? Like some form of Van Damme's Pillager for SR later?

Willo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

It was said in the first post that

The Black Cleaver
+45 Attack Damage
+10% Cooldown Reduction
+10 Armor Penetration
Passive: Dealing physical damage to an enemy reduces their Armor by 5% for 6 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times on the same target. (Doesn't say Unique passive! :O)

Right?... Are you essentially saying that you could build more than one Black Cleaver? (such as it was sometime in S2)

And would it stack 2 stacks per Physical damage struck?

Taint Misbehavin

11-07-2012

my Varus build is gonna miss the loss of AS on Cleaver :*(

Stevev45

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willo View Post

The Black Cleaver
+45 Attack Damage
+10% Cooldown Reduction
+10 Armor Penetration
Passive: Dealing physical damage to an enemy reduces their Armor by 5% for 6 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times on the same target. (Doesn't say Unique passive! :O)

Right?... Are you essentially saying that you could build more than one Black Cleaver? (such as it was sometime in S2)

I think up to the same cap though.

Trooper0101

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willo View Post

The Black Cleaver
+45 Attack Damage
+10% Cooldown Reduction
+10 Armor Penetration

To the max of 5 times per target. That is correct.

BACKSTABUUU

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KettleKern View Post
Do Yorick ghoul autos apply BC?
They do physical damage, so I'm going to go with yes.

Gath Immortal

11-07-2012

Quote:

We either made these items relevant for a specific purpose or removed them if they were too problematic to balance. Some super-niche or narrow-scope items have been remade to work on a greater variety of champions.
So I hope it's not too much to ask but could you tell us which items were removed completely from the game?

Ankokukai

11-07-2012

Quote:

Well - I mean, you must *really* hate armor - but theoretically, with a full build of LW/BC - you could ignore something like 70% of the armor thrown your way.
gotta kill those Malphites man (and yeah, at least i...DO hate maphite on that lvl)

now a question! ~

Does the new Black Cleaver have more components besides Brutalizer?
can you tell us which ones so we can semi-figure out how expensive it's gonna be?

Critmaster Garen

11-07-2012

oh F*CK YES! finally some ad caster love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVariety View Post
I know this isn't really relating to the New Black Cleaver, but I'm just wondering; is there going to be any work done on Locket of the Iron Solari? I think it's a neat item but I rarely see people use it; I rarely use it myself. I know that you said that their is going to be more options to building a Heart of Gold so you're not always seemed to be "forced" to build Randuins, but I'd like to know if that means Locket gets a slight buff too.
problem is not with the locket.

the only reason its not build, is because supports dont have the gold for it, when shurelias and aegis are more important (safe) items with better team synergy. and supports generally dont amount to enough gold to build beyond those 2 core items.

for example, locket is a more specialized item that grants mainly protection from physical damage for the support, while aegis can protect the support and his team from both damage types. so aegis will naturally have a higher priority than locket as a protective item and for team synergy.

of course both items in combination would be great, but most games end, before the support gets to the point where he has enough gold to finish it after aegis and shurelias.

they said, they will adress the gold stream problem of supports and when they dont starve on gold, like they do now, it will become possible for them to pick up more items and differentiate their builds according to the opposing team. that means, you will probably have the gold to pick up the locket in the future more often beyond your core items on your support.

Hashmäl

11-07-2012

Will tiamat ever be good?