Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Preseason Itemization Preview

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unknown Mystery

11-07-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:
Yeah. Sorc Shoes / Haunting Guise / Void Staff is stronger while Sorc Shoes / Haunting Guise / Abyssal is weaker for the purposes of negating enemy MR.

Sorc Shoes / Haunting Guise both took a flat pen hit, by balanced out by the fact that they work better with your 10% pen from masteries - it doesn't really equate to a lot of damage difference.

Sorc shoes are stronger while sorc shoes are weaker... HMM

Mogs01gt

11-07-2012

Can we get some more information on how our current flat armor pen runes will be effected by the new coding?

Stevev45

11-07-2012

Quote:
ACGXilin:
The Black Cleaver

+45 Attack Damage
+10% Cooldown Reduction
+10 Armor Penetration
Passive: Dealing physical damage to an enemy reduces their Armor by 5% for 6 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times on the same target.

which means i can buy two black cleavers and get double passive?

I think it stacks twice as fast, but not a good use of gold.

Jaigar

11-07-2012

Quote:
Yfrappefort:
As a Pantheon and Garen lover, I'm super excited for those new AD caster items!

I'm actually hoping for a whole lot more. Players trying to maximize their effective health against AD casters are going to have to play a few games to find the best builds. I think a more dynamic item-gameplay will emerge (plus those other things they haven't said yet).

Sayath

11-07-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:
Yeah. Sorc Shoes / Haunting Guise / Void Staff is stronger while Sorc Shoes / Haunting Guise / Abyssal is weaker for the purposes of negating enemy MR.

Sorc Shoes / Haunting Guise both took a flat pen hit, by balanced out by the fact that they work better with your 10% pen from masteries - it doesn't really equate to a lot of damage difference.

Will we be seeing an item / multiple items build out of Haunting Guise?
There is one on TTL (PBE)...

Devanstator

11-07-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:
Well - Yeah. But then you run up into a 3k HP Mundo/Singed with 80~ armor and massive regeneration and you're like 'Wait a second, you didn't build any armor! ABORT. ABORT. I REGRET EVERYTHING.'

Xypherous, I think your point illustrates how it'll be more important to build according to your opponents (and your own team's) composition, which I think is good. However, I have a concern if it becomes a situation where building to counter your opponent's build is an ongoing requirement through the course of the game.

What my concern is: What if late-game builds become a rock-paper-scissors system of counters and it becomes a common occurrence where you need to sell your 5th or 6th item to avoid being countered which prompts the enemy to sell his item to counter yours and late-game team fights are too strongly influenced by who happens to have which combination of items at the time the fight occurs?

I'm not saying that your explanations thus far have implied that this will be the case, but with increasing item diversity and build paths and with more options to counter enemy builds, that situation becomes easier to imagine.

TLDR: If I'm ahead of my opponent and am completing my build faster, and if doing so was "showing my hand" so he could build to counter my items (instead of say, building to counter champions or to fill a need on his team), and if the significance of these item counters was enough that I would be forced to sell some items and put myself behind, I don't think I'd enjoy that very much. Are you guys designing around that kind of interaction?

Aflaack

11-07-2012

Does this mean that Zed the coming champ can use all of his powers to lower your armor with a black cleaver? Also will this make him an early game champion

GoldenEggz

Recruiter

11-07-2012

i dont think people understand that even if you pen 100% of them armor and have 90 dmg your only going to do 90 dmg , is this true or did i miss something?

Butcher Urgot

11-07-2012

Xypherous, you're giving me a new spark for my beautiful Urgot again, how would the new BC work on Urgots E with the DoT, plus the armor it takes away with the ability??

Scalta

11-07-2012

I don't know if this was already asked, but:

Will you make a build for Blasting Wand? Individually it's not worth it, however, if you want to rush Rabbaddon's Cap or any other useful item it always will take more time. Also, the other item that builds the Rabaddon's Cap (I forgot it's name) might need a build as well.