Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gath Immortal

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

We either made these items relevant for a specific purpose or removed them if they were too problematic to balance. Some super-niche or narrow-scope items have been remade to work on a greater variety of champions.
So I hope it's not too much to ask but could you tell us which items were removed completely from the game?

Sardis Jett

11-07-2012

@Xypherous Is this going to be taking affect in Twisted Treeline as well?

Irie Vibrator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
You realize that Talon isn't the only AD Caster right? And even if it were the case - Assassins have no right being able to murder everyone they please at a moment's notice with impunity?
This. New BC will be amazing on champs like Riven and, I'm assuming, Zed.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-07-2012
27 of 29 Riot Posts

Quote:
cannot see a situation where I would buy this new item on a ranged ad carry.
Yes, this is correct. You would only buy this item on a ranged AD carry if:

1. You had one or two physical characters on your team.
2. You had a way to easily spread out physical damage to the other team.

Quote:
Would it be particularly stupid/bad to just stack LW and BC? Just because they stack multiplicatively doesn't mean they don't stack at all.
Well - I mean, you must *really* hate armor - but theoretically, with a full build of LW/BC - you could ignore something like 70% of the armor thrown your way.

At a certain point though - if you're considering both LW and BC - it might be a good call to ask *your* friendly bruiser to pick up BC and you to pick up LW and then coordinate some pain.

Jaigar

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyaeda View Post
Indeed. Talon shouldn't be killing tanks at all, imo. However:

What role do you have planned for Flat Ar.Pen (as opposed to %Ar.Pen, which isn't really an Assassin stat) in Season 3?

Will Flat Ar.Pen be a focus-able build path to maximize an AD Assassin's (e.g., Talon's) burst vs. squishy targets?

Will it be possible to Flat Ar.Pen a squishy target to 0 Armor during early, mid, or late game in Season 3?
From what I've been reading, thats part of the goal. The other part is to allow a better transition into late. With the change to the order its calculated in, Flat armor pen is complimented well with % armor pen making it an actual viable path.

The thing is, Talon and other AD casters need to be able to do a little bit more damage against tanks. Its a soft vs. hard counter sort of thing. AP does more burst, but they have a scaling option with rabadons, spell pen, and CDR. ADCs have armor pen and Crit while AD casters only have Armor pen and CDR, which simply does not scale as well.

BladeSharkX

11-07-2012

Are you going to have madreds bloodrazors do the same for people such as pantheon or Garen

Iorek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Would the new BC proc twice on Talon's rake? Since it does damage the way in and the way back

GrizlakMonger

11-07-2012

Do top players agree that these changes will maintain the balance of the game while adding variety? They should no better than anyone what are reasonable changes and I hope lots of input is taken from them. Working with TPA, AZF, AZB, CLG.EU, M5, etc could only bring about good things I would think.

Zenkatsu

11-07-2012

Is the passive a unique passive or not. Stacking two of these for faster debuff application would be pretty amazing.

TalLavi

11-07-2012

When will we get the next item(s) change review from you Xyph, its pretty late here, should I stay up?