Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Halegorn

11-07-2012

Will there be an upgrade path to Spirit Visage? It seems like a good item but it should have more late game scaling I think. Doesn't really seem to do much late game.

StandAIone

11-07-2012

reducing oponent armor, in % or by a exact number, it still being flat armor reduction.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-07-2012
24 of 29 Riot Posts

Quote:
Also, this looks totally wrong on Garen's Judgement. Garen's judgement does not apply on hit effects. By definition the black cleaver applies it's debuff on hit. So... are the changes to black cleaver going to reflect on EVERY character that does physical damage?
Black Cleaver's new effect is *not* an on-hit proc. It triggers whenever damage of the appropriate type is dealt to the enemy.

Sorgklaan

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tr8sippin View Post
I think renekton personally needs a buff in CDR on ability's for he gets beat in duels against people with lower CDR on moves easily. Also his rage lowers quite quickly and goes up slowly, and champions who use rage or energy, are much less viable when it comes to champions who use mana, because there are tons of items that benefit mana users but not champions who use fury or energy, i hope this gives you guys something to think about in the near future.
Thank you for your time.
sincerely 5tr8sippin
I agree with this. Maybe give shaco a slight late-game buff as well, just to make him viable. or at least make it so he's not forced to jungle.

Leosoul

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterOfLegend View Post
It's gone from an on-hit effect to an on-hurt effect. Whenever you deal physical damage to someone, the effect happens - even if the damage isn't coming from a seperate effect. Draven, Urgot and Talon can use their bleeds to apply stacks over time, and keep them there for longer. Talon's ult will apply it when the blades go out, and when they come back in. Sivir's Boomerang applies it twice if they take damage twice. Garen's Judgement and Corki's Gatling Gun become "kill zones" that will destroy the armor of anyone standing in them with the new BC - but if you avoid it, you can engage them during the cooldown. And you can always build health rather than armor, as the new BC has much less AD. Ninja Tabi's passive gives tanks a nice option for not dying to carries while avoiding AD caster damage.
I applaud a non-dick and thought out answer to my semi-troll pointing out of that one post.
Here, have a music on youtube as a reward. I'm all out of internets and cookies. watch?v=Xk_XaJ7gE4Q

Aleraen

11-07-2012

Still hoping for an answer to my previous question about any plans for changes to or a larger variety of Viktor's passive items.

UndeadMerchant

11-07-2012

gay

brixor

11-07-2012

need that new black cleaver on my Fiora <3

Oberic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Based on how it's coded, probably not at the moment - if I think about it. Tiamat has always had kind of odd interactions with stuff like this for a long time.
The Tiamat splash that is currently on live won't shred with new BC, but it's because the splash is weird pseudo-true damage (unless it has been changed since my last tests).
Quote:
Let me look this up later. I'm pretty sure the splash damage is scales off a % of your attack damage + bonus magic damage - but it's all magical damage in the AoE.
I'm 100% certain that you are correct about Kayle's splash.

Juicetin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
[aws3]news/November_2012/2012_11_07_S3_Itemization_Preview/Xypherous_Top_of_Post.jpg[/aws3]

What about Last Whisper? How does this work with Last Whisper?

Last Whisper grants you % Armor Penetration while Black Cleaver reduces the opponentís armor.

Letís look at an enemy with 400 Armor. Black Cleaver will reduce their armor by 25%, leaving them with 300. Last Whisper will allow you to ignore 40% of the remaining 300 armor, which means their effective armor against you will now be 180.
You forgot to take off another 10 armour from the new Black Cleaver's passive!