Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shadmanxxx

11-07-2012

when is the patch

Fisherman Fizz

11-07-2012

Will malady be receiving similar changes at all?

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

11-07-2012

Morello said you will be giving specifics about what wil lbe changed/ added.
You just said changes wil be made, then mentioned literaly 1 item modification.
What a letdown.I feel like reading blizzard " soon" ****.

daves3hd

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
What about Last Whisper? How does this work with Last Whisper?

Last Whisper grants you % Armor Penetration while Black Cleaver reduces the opponentís armor.

Letís look at an enemy with 400 Armor. Black Cleaver will reduce their armor by 25%, leaving them with 300. Last Whisper will allow you to ignore 40% of the remaining 300 armor, which means their effective armor against you will now be 180.

-Xypherous
I have a question about the calculation here.

On what is the order based of multiple % pen. So In this case you call out that the cleaver does -25% and lw -40%. But is it always that order (lowest % to highest %). Or is is based on purchase order, item cost or anything like that?

Thanks

Lebrante

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

will haunting guise receive that kind of treatment?

Cyndikate

11-07-2012

Do you have any items suited for Hybrids such as Akali, Jax and Katarina? Hextech Gunblade isn't exactly a great item after the nerfs.

ph34rsome

11-07-2012

Doesn't having BC build out of brutalizer completely obsolete Youmou's?

Now that the few bruisers who would normally get it can itemize much better for late game simply by building cleaver, i cant see why they would ever pick up Youmous. Not only that, but the AD assasins who really value flat arpen for killing squishy targets can't take full advantage of its active, which put it in a bad spot. Are there any changes planned to help it be viable with competition from BC?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-07-2012
23 of 29 Riot Posts

Quote:
How will the new Black Cleaver interact with Physical DoTs? (Talon's Q and Draven's passive for example).

Current evidence from in game mechanics that function with "damage applied" (For example, Galio's Bulwark or Poppy's Paragon of Demacia) suggest that each tick of the dot will apply a stack. Or is it coded to ignore DoTs entirely?
It should work with DoTs.

I'll probably figure out some way to code it so that the total shred duration doesn't go nuts with DoT's - but I think the concept of 'apply a DoT, wait for the DoT to burn their armor and then do my burst combo' is a cool gameplay pattern.

Quote:
Doesn't having BC build out of brutalizer completely obsolete Youmou's?
The core identity of Youmu's has always been 'Click this button and then mercilessly autoattack their face off.' If you're getting Youmu's - you're choosing to get the burst of speed benefits rather than rather than the highest raw damage possible. Retuning the active will be enough on this front, I think.

Tortferngatr

11-07-2012

What's Mpen going to be like (in the meantime) then? I like the change, but I still want to know if my Karth will still be a boss :P.

Irelia Bot

11-07-2012

I'm just checking the Wiki and it says PHYSICAL SPLASH DAMAGE: (+ 20% / 25% / 30% / 35% / 40% AD) for Kayle

Timat says: Your basic attacks splash, dealing 50% physical damage around the target (35% for ranged attacks).

I'm just wanting to know if this will be happening and if it was intended.