Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drunknbgfoot

11-07-2012

Quote:
The Black Cleaver

+45 Attack Damage
+10% Cooldown Reduction
+10 Armor Penetration
Passive: Dealing physical damage to an enemy reduces their Armor by 5% for 6 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times on the same target.

Last Whisper grants you % Armor Penetration while Black Cleaver reduces the opponentís armor.

Letís look at an enemy with 400 Armor. Black Cleaver will reduce their armor by 25%, leaving them with 300. Last Whisper will allow you to ignore 40% of the remaining 300 armor, which means their effective armor against you will now be 180.
Does the Black Cleaver reduce the current armor of the target? or the total from items, before any reductions?

The first hit with black cleaver against an enemy with 400 armor, will hit the target as if it had 390 armor (+10 armor pen on the cleaver) and will reduce the targets armor by 5%.
So 390-(5%*390) = 370 armor after the first hit
2nd hit 360-(5%*360) = 342
left over armor with max stacks of Black Cleaver = ~265 armor

The armor of first hit on enemy if the person had Black Cleaver AND Last whisper = 400-(40%*400)-10 = 250 armor
250 - (5%*250) = 235 armor on enemy with 1 stack
2nd hit (1 stack of Black Cleaver) = 235 - (40%*235) - 10 = 131
131 - (5%*235) = 119.25 armor on enemy with 2 stacks
etc etc

OmgitsFrank

11-07-2012

I would love to see more on-hit effects for ap casters.

GuyInaRedShirt

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukiner View Post
Rake CD = 10 sec
debuff/shred duration = 6 sec

how I'm suppose to do multiple Rakes and maintain debuff stacks with skill that have so long cd and without going into melee range to auto attack and getting exposed to CC and burst from tanky bruiser? (and no I'm not gona build 40% cdr on talon >.>)

Imho the shred debuff should at least stay for 8-9 seconds
Maybe they have awesome ad plus cd items waiting for talon. then you could get your damage and your cd without giving up one for the other.

CragBlade

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukiner View Post
Rake CD = 10 sec
debuff/shred duration = 6 sec

how I'm suppose to do multiple Rakes and maintain debuff stacks with skill that have so long cd and without going into melee range to auto attack and getting exposed to CC and burst from tanky bruiser? (and no I'm not gona build 40% cdr on talon >.>)

Imho the shred debuff should at least stay for 8-9 seconds
Rake would be 9 seconds because of the 10% CDR of the new BC.

Lukiner

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
Pantheon will be restored to his former glory.

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

*hides so Xypherous can continue his awesomeness*
yay for you because Talon will still suck hard and be countered fair easly

Stevev45

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcortis View Post
Do multiple Black Cleavers stack from different champion sources or do they share the same passive?

I.E. If Garen is Spinning and Twitch is spraying and praying what is the max % armor shred, or will they just stack faster.
I think with the current BC, if you have more then 1. the debuff stacks faster "n" per hit, but the total debuff is the same.

I Found Baron

11-07-2012

So ultimately this nerfs champions that have build versitility depending on the match up. If they were having a tough lane they might go for some resistences to help them in lane, but rather now they should go for hp/sustain (life steal, hp regen, etc.)??

cuz i think armor stacking should still be viable but just not as strong or else it just limits build versitility. Atleast thats how it sounds to me.

KevinDelMarr

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Additionally, I didn't say that as strongly - I heavily favor soft-counter approaches, not that we use zero hard counters.
Different Thread guys. We're here to talk about S3 itemization, not about who's right philosophically or who said specifically said what and how.

Keep the Thread Civil. You know, Summoer Code stuff.

NVDax

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Draven would probably prefer if someone else got it so he could stack AD and axe your face off. That AD Carry scaling.
Out of curiosity, would this new black cleaver be a good buy on Twitch? The cd reduction easily makes you able to e and stealth more, and due to his ulti... Eh, eh? Gets rid of their armor, and has armor pen?

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Draven would probably prefer if someone else got it so he could stack AD and axe your face off. That AD Carry scaling.
Even still, I feel sorry for the poor guy who's going to be laning against me when I test out Brutalizer on Draven when these changes come out.