Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jielhar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
If your primary AP caster needs additional CC capabilities, there’s an option for that, too.
Please, PLEASE don't make Eul's Scepter of Divinity or Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse from DotA (hard CC caster items, as opposed to soft CC like what you get from Rylai's Crystal Scepter here in LoL). One of the things I love about LoL is that you never get CCed for 5+ seconds; it's no fun when you're not allowed to control your character for extended periods of time.

Skrapt

11-07-2012

Do multiple Black Cleavers stack from different champion sources or do they share the same passive?

I.E. If Garen is Spinning and Twitch is spraying and praying what is the max % armor shred, or will they just stack faster.

BlargCow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Renekton's 'E' lasts 4 seconds. He typically can't kill you within that time.

However, you should probably run away if Renekton is partnered with like.. a carry - because yeah, the two of them working in concert will destroy your armor and then murder you.

Righteous Fury is magical splash damage I believe.
the splash damage is physical

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-07-2012
21 of 29 Riot Posts

Quote:
how I'm suppose to do multiple Rakes and maintain debuff stacks with skill that have so long cd and without going into melee range to auto attack and getting exposed to CC and burst from tanky bruiser? (and no I'm not gona build 40% cdr on talon >.>)
You'll manage. Bruisers kill assassins who aren't slippery. That's kind of a core-tenet of the world.

Quote:
the splash damage is physical
Let me look this up later. I'm pretty sure the splash damage is scales off a % of your attack damage + bonus magic damage - but it's all magical damage in the AoE.

MILKM4N

11-07-2012

I would personally like to see more spell vamp options. I love laning as Ap, but it seems to me that life-steal just outclasses spell vamp when it comes to staying in lane for extended periods especially against some ranged ad carries who can harass as much as I can but heal more from it. Though...If solid Ap champs didn't also *tend* to be much more mana intensive than Ads I'd probably have a different opinion.

Tspiggs

11-07-2012

will we get any items on SR that give ad and spell vamp? i know one was made on TT, but everyone wants one on SR.

BlackFlameFox

11-07-2012

Are we going to see more items with passives, actives, on-hits, and auras? Will we see a greater variety of items to build on carries? Part of the balance problem with adcs is that they all build the same items. Youmuu's Ghostblade is a good item for carries with no escape like Varus but it's a little underpowered. And melee carries like Master Yi, Fiora, and Trynd are nonexistent, if there was a item for them that provided a small aura flat armor debuff so it couldn't be built on ranged ads that might help. Support champs are fine in lane but I remember watching a team fight during MLG where Taric dazzled someone then stood there looking good. If there was more active support items he might not have looked so useless.

Irie Vibrator

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leosoul View Post
What's so hard to understand? The fact that the BC shred is an on hit effect and the skill rather clearly says that the bounces do not apply on hit effects.

Thanks for trying to sound like a badass though.
It's not an on-hit effect anymore. It's an effect that procs off physical damage. So yeah...

Ginga

11-07-2012

Quote:
Yes - this is absolutely true. But % reduction won't actually *be* effective against the enemy that you're getting that play pattern off of.

See, if you're doing the whole 'jump out of shadows + murder' - you want to be targetting a squishy character with low armor anyway. This isn't meant to be the core item that causes 'Talon jumps out and murders a tank with 250 armor' syndrome. Talon / Kha'zix still want to murder the carry with 60 armor. In that case, % reduction isn't going to do much for you.

However, it does give you an opportunity if you are skirmishing these types of heavy bruiser men. Getting multiple rakes/Kha'zix W's off in a pre-fight skirmish will greatly enhance your burst combo.
Talon can go mid if he wants against certain match-ups. But Kha'zix isn't as good against mages as Talon is.

Also, asides from blowing a considerable amount of mana, Talon's Rake is 10 second CD and Kha'zix's Void Spikes is 8 seconds CD. Talon's hit twice, so it's slightly better for him, while Kha's is a single burst, which blows. Black Cleaver's current duration is 5 seconds, is it going to get a massive duration buff now if you say it's possible to to get multiple W's off before initiating an actual fight?

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

11-07-2012

I guess you didnt fixed the annoying bug :

rammus have 200armor
he activate defensive stence +120 armor, he now have 320 armor
you shred 50% of his armor with wukong/BC, to 160armor
defensive stence is now over, and rammus only have 40 armor -.- instead of 100.

it should be fixed if you add more %shred armor item seriously..