Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

11-07-2012
20 of 29 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Probably - but if your character has linear scaling and 100% physical damage - that's just going to be what happens. That's my own fault as Riven's designer that she gets hard-countered by armor.

Morello has to talk about very high-level of what is good for the game as a whole. Individual designs don't contradict that, it just means that the individual designs are flawed in that regard.
Additionally, I didn't say that as strongly - I heavily favor soft-counter approaches, not that we use zero hard counters.

Leosoul

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by loluthuck View Post
What's so hard to understand? It does physical damage, it procs BC. That simple.
What's so hard to understand? The fact that the BC shred is an on hit effect and the skill rather clearly says that the bounces do not apply on hit effects.

Thanks for trying to sound like a badass though.

Aavak

11-07-2012

I expect a nerf on The Black Cleaver after about a month.

Lukiner

11-07-2012

Quote:
However, it does give you an opportunity if you are skirmishing these types of heavy bruiser men. Getting multiple Rakes/Kha'zix W's off in a pre-fight skirmish will greatly enhance your burst combo.
Rake CD = 10 sec
debuff/shred duration = 6 sec

how I'm suppose to do multiple Rakes and maintain debuff stacks with skill that have so long cd and without going into melee range to auto attack and getting exposed to CC and burst from tanky bruiser? (and no I'm not gona build 40% cdr on talon >.>)

Imho the shred debuff should at least stay for 8-9 seconds

Zhaitan

11-07-2012

This sounds great! With all the work on armor penetration items to help itemize AD casters, what about other underserved classes, notably hybrids? Will there be any new hybrid penetration items being introduced?

TheWaveWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leosoul View Post
What's so hard to understand? The fact that the BC shred is an on hit effect and the skill rather clearly says that the bounces do not apply on hit effects.

Thanks for trying to sound like a badass though.
Derp. BC isn't an on hit effect anymore. It's an On Hit and On Spell effect (as long as it's physical). So, is the damage physical?

SmokeytheBilf

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Additionally, I didn't say that as strongly - I heavily favor soft-counter approaches, not that we use zero hard counters.
I guess I just misunderstood what I read from you earlier. Thank you for the clarification!

AtomikStorm

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyriacos View Post
What kind of items can we expect for AD casters?
Cant say till release I think

Satarrus

11-07-2012

On the subject of new items and armor penetration, do you intend to add armor pen boots? Boot choice has always been somewhat of a problem for AD Casters, with Ninja Tabi/Merc threads not feeling very suited to the role and Ionian boots being the only other real choice but very situational.

Please answer this Xyph, EVERYONE NEEDS GOOD SHOES! :<

Jielhar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
If your primary AP caster needs additional CC capabilities, there’s an option for that, too.
Please, PLEASE don't make Eul's Scepter of Divinity or Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse from DotA (hard CC caster items, as opposed to soft CC like what you get from Rylai's Crystal Scepter here in LoL). One of the things I love about LoL is that you never get CCed for 5+ seconds; it's no fun when you're not allowed to control your character for extended periods of time.