Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eyaeda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Flat Penetration can't counter early game armor stacking. In fact, Flat Penetration currently *loses* to early armor stacking. Chain Vest > All the Penetration you can buy ever.
Yes, sorry, I worded that very poorly: I meant to ask if Ar.Pen was being improved or promoted for Season 3 to serve as a counter to Early Armor Stacking; I'm aware that currently Flat Ar.Pen loses badly to Armor Stack. Sorry about that.

Basically: Is Early Armor Stacking going to continue to be a trump card against champs like Talon and Riven in Season 3? (e.g., Ninja Tabi + Chain Vest = Lane Over.)

Oscariginal

11-07-2012

So this new Black Cleaver, we can now initiate fights with MF's ult and just shred the entire enemy team's armor values, correct?

G1aD0S

11-07-2012

Wait
wait
wait

Garren's Spin and Pantheon's multi-Jabs was never able to proc onhit effects if I recall correctly,

if Garren's Spin can now proc BC JUST because it deals AD damage,

Can Sivir's Ricochet bounces now proc BC despite the tooltip saying only the first bounce procs onhit effects?

I am confuse

LtEarthworm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinroh View Post
Another riot poster stated that early items will have more lategame build options, to prevent you from being locked into a specific path every game, but also to be more adaptable to enemy items. What is there to stop a carry or AD caster from actively countering any defenses that the enemies build?

Example: You build early ArPen assuming the enemy tank will build armor, but they build health and regen, so you simply build your early ArPen into a more damage based lategame item, wich defeats the purpose of trying to build tanky in the first place. How will tanks stay competitive?
I think the idea is that early ArPen items will build into late game ArPen items, and early damage items will build into late game damage items. So if you get an early Brutalizer but they start stacking health, you're going to need a BF Sword.

Edit: I should add this is just how I see it. It may be that Brutalizer can build into more than just Last Whisper and Black Cleaver.

Steve The Wizard

11-07-2012

I am really glad that Riot is so devoted to constantly changing the game and trying out new things. This keeps League of Legends fun and interesting even after playing hundreds of games. I can't wait for season 3 and the changes that are coming!

FizzyPop71

11-07-2012

Will our tank-supports be seeing some love?

Champions that don't focus on damage like a carry, but are not fully about support healing, shielding, etc. such as blitz?

The main point i want to know is for gp10 items. As it stands each one builds into a single specific late game item (some of which are somewhat specific late game items). Will we be seeing more options for building our Heart of Gold or Kage's?

Jooma

11-07-2012

Please Sir, tell me that you're going to do SOMETHING with Tiamat. It's the one single item that if you buy it, on any character, you are instantly labeled a troll. Everyone considers it a bad item and they don't even know why. It's become a preconceived notion now.

It's item racism is what it is. And I say, screw that! Let the Tiamat sit at the front of the bus!

CynicalGiant

11-07-2012

Kha'Zix will absolutely destroy with this new BC item. Oh man.

Kha'Zix deals a high amount of physical damage with a percentage of their missing health added on to it. Now he gets to shred their armor as well? This pretty much destroys your "if they stack health but don;t build armor it won't work" argument.

Critkeeper

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
We may potentially have to go back and look at characters like Xerath / Darius - but honestly, I question whether or not building Armor against Darius worked in the first place and Xerath will basically kill whoever he wants once every 60 seconds.

Flat Penetration can't counter early game armor stacking. In fact, Flat Penetration currently *loses* to early armor stacking. Chain Vest > All the Penetration you can buy ever.

Physical % Max Health damage characters won't be any more abusive than if they had just gotten a Last Whisper. And if they have both - well, they're paying for it in other ways - such as having lower AD than a full IE or BT build for example.

All I am trying to say is that if a champion comes along that has everything in his kit natural designed for taking out low resistances high health targets, and yet in that same kit has a large amount of flat armor penetration, or a large amount of flat armor reduction, then that could be a balance issue.

In other words this champion could build specifically to take out a high armor low health target, and yet simply stacking health isn't effective against this champion, and neither is stacking armor. Sure he wouldn't do as much damage against squishies if he stacks armor penetration and just relies on his scaling from health damage against the hp-tanks, but really, how much effort does it take to kill a squishy when you penetrate all of their armor anyway? Probably a little more than if you had spent your money on flat attack damage rather than the black cleaver, but you will still probably kill them in 2 or 3 seconds.

So far, no champion really meets all of that criteria, and lee sin only comes close, but it is something to be aware of.

Lumara

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Swordsme View Post
You do realise that by buffing black cleaver... this makes AD Tanky Champions much more overpowered
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

All this penetration talk is good and the new black cleaver item, but what about mages... being left in the dust as usual.. especially in dominion which is getting a fail version of the Rabadon Hat

The one on TT is better as it provides movement speed which is crucial on a map like Dominion.

Not to mention the one on TT is cheaper hovering below the 3k gold cap while the new nerfed one with only a measly 50 armor is hovering close to 4k gold and has no movement-speed what-so ever...
(once again a key and powerful stat for dominion mode)