Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Just A Game Brah

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

The Brutalizer has long been the trifecta of Attack Damage, Armor Penetration and Cooldown Reduction that these characters lean on for early game dominance. However, Flat Armor Penetration as a statistic overall has been pretty overpowered in compensation for the fact that items with the stat donít typically scale at all into the late game. This turns these characters into early-game gambit characters, out to dominate the early game as quickly as possible before they become irrelevant.

To adjust for this
There was a give and take. If game lasted too long, you sell brut and buy LW. What's the problem?

Yook

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisonedblood71 View Post
Is there any chance we can see Heart of Gold build into more items? I like to build a Heart of Gold when laning with a carry so i can let them grab all the farm, but i find that towards later game i must either, a) build it to a Randuin's Omen, or b) sell it. The Omen is a great item, but in general i prefer building Frozen heart to it. Not saying make HoG build to Frozen Heart but is there going to be any extra build paths for some of our favorite GP10 items that will allow our Supports and tanks better diversity from mid to late game?
Theyve said a few times that Frozen heart is really overpowered, I'd just wait to see what they do with all defensive items before asking such specifics

Greedily

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimoireM View Post
Is there any changes to Trinity Force planned? If so, what are the motivations behind those changes?
Phreak would not approve.

KevinDelMarr

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedtheCrimson View Post
I hope that The Black Cleaver isn't having it's Attack Speed buff removed for Cooldown Reduction :/

That's what make's it so Necessary late game, The fact that you get 55 AD, 30% AS and it's passive.
I feel once you get PD, synergize with Passives, and buy Green Elixer's the 30% AS becomes highly negligible for AD Carries. Besides, Black Cleaver is transitioning into an AD caster Spec, who desperately need the item more than an AD Carry. Also 420 gold +recipe is wasted cost on a Caster who doesn't really want AS. Also don't forget the unique passive, which has way more uses that are beyond AS (which only applies to AA, not abilities or other teammates)

Alex Trumbell

Recruiter

11-07-2012

Dear Riot,

Thanks for turning Miss Fortune's ultimate into a supportive armor pen-distributing system.

Big B1rd 47

11-07-2012

I see a lot of stuff about melee ADC items. But could these items potentially turn melee ADCs into bruisers similar to fighter class champions? I don't think I'm the only one who wants to see a Fiora or a Yi with the ability to deal tons of damage and still sport a decent amount of hp.

CPodrido

11-07-2012

Draven passive will trigger BC armor reduction?

brents

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:

What about Last Whisper? How does this work with Last Whisper?

Last Whisper grants you % Armor Penetration while Black Cleaver reduces the opponent’s armor.

Let’s look at an enemy with 400 Armor. Black Cleaver will reduce their armor by 25%, leaving them with 300. Last Whisper will allow you to ignore 40% of the remaining 300 armor, which means their effective armor against you will now be 180.

-Xypherous
Shouldn't it be 170 armor considering the 10 armor pen from Black Cleaver?

Rkane

11-07-2012

A new potion, your AD damage Magic damage for 4 minutes!

Prometheius

11-07-2012

Quote:
I'll make a note to look into that specific code interaction as Tiamat is weeird. Did you know Tiamat can splash magic damage *if* the autoattack is 100% magic? Tiamat is weeeird.
TY for this chunk of info. Got the DominateDominion chatroom testing TF red card and Poppy Q splashes now. BRB with results.