Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MoonsBane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

I'll make a note to look into that specific code interaction as Tiamat is weeird. Did you know Tiamat can splash magic damage *if* the autoattack is 100% magic? Tiamat is weeeird.
~.~

Brb stacking Tiamat's on AP Poppy with Lich bane to convert the 800 AP nuke (that's normally melee) to magic damage via Poppy's Q for uber splash damage. Tiamat/Lich Bane Poppy is the new Twitch Ult.

On an off note, can you tell us anything about Melee AD's? My thoughts are that they've always been flawed. They need Movement speed, a slow, Ample AD to blow everyone up (or lifesteal) or enough tankiness to survive a fight to do damage. Without any of the above mentioned stats they literally cannot do their job and itemizing for that is a nightmare.

StrmCkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Well - Yeah. But then you run up into a 3k HP Mundo/Singed with 80~ armor and massive regeneration and you're like 'Wait a second, you didn't build any armor! ABORT. ABORT. I REGRET EVERYTHING.'
flat armour pen + lw on a ad caster assassin like lee sin and splat goes the 3k health target even with 200+ armour derp derp

wait i already do that in current game states, with current Armour pen % pen reordering it will be even easier.

however since the armour pen values are/will obviously being reduced to compensate for the ~10+% increased damage with current values with reordering

so honestly what is the exact new order as i have asked twice already.

Icy Prinny

11-07-2012

Quote:
Well - Yeah. But then you run up into a 3k HP Mundo/Singed with 80~ armor and massive regeneration and you're like 'Wait a second, you didn't build any armor! ABORT. ABORT. I REGRET EVERYTHING.'
Would. . .this work with twitch? Such as his ult and whatnot? Or would it not count the true damage?

FizzyPop71

11-07-2012

Is there any chance we can see Heart of Gold build into more items?

I like to build a Heart of Gold when laning with a carry so i can let them grab all the farm, but i find that towards later game i must either, a) build it to a Randuin's Omen, or b) sell it. The Omen is a great item, but in general i prefer building Frozen heart to it. Not saying make HoG build to Frozen Heart but is there going to be any extra build paths for some of our favorite GP10 items that will allow our Supports and tanks better diversity from mid to late game?

EarthruneSkarner

11-07-2012

Have you guys considered adding "set" items to the game?

gandodepth

11-07-2012

Quote:
Yes, we'll be doing a pass on all flat / % penetration sources to get them in line with the new formulae.

Currently, max ar pen is too binary in lane, while Last Whisper is *far* too strong because of how it anti-synergizes with flat armor penetration.

The values aren't too far off - in the ballpark of ~ 5% or 5 points for adjustments. Basically, if you only had one source of penetration, you'll see your penetration values go down as a whole because those were overtuned to be independent systems rather than interactive ones.
So, from what I'm getting from this thread - the only change will be Brutalizer now builds into a less ****ty Black Cleaver?

Yook

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowieneko View Post
It's only one number because the damage happens really fast. Look at Lulu's passive, and it'll give you one or two numbers based on when the bolts hit. You're still hitting multiple times.
Good call, thats how I figured it worked as well, just wanted to check

s8Valentine

11-07-2012

Im worried about tanks tho i always love just doing deep and almost making it out or just being their to soak up the dmg in turn with all the reworks on items will their be better options for tanks?

Love Poisonous

11-07-2012

It's only me, or there haven't announced alot of AP champs items? ._.''

GrimoireM

11-07-2012

Hey Xyph! Awhile back I inquired about the problems with on-hit effect items and have offered suggestions to fix the vast majority that deal magical damage in the item discussion forum. What sorts of changes are in store for these items? Will they be regulated to the bruiser role? Will AD carries get an anti-bruiser item that scales on physical damage, which they primarily focus on, or is this partially covered by other items already such as Tiamat?

Another couple of questions that are little easier to cover: Is there any changes to Trinity Force planned? If so, what are the motivations behind those changes?