Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-07-2012
7 of 29 Riot Posts

Quote:
How to win as wukong? Just rune and mastery for as much flat armor penetration as you possibly can, and get Black cleaver after picking up an armor pen item. 140 armor bruiser giving your team problems? NOPE. SUFFER ALL TEH DAMAGES
Well - Yeah. But then you run up into a 3k HP Mundo/Singed with 80~ armor and massive regeneration and you're like 'Wait a second, you didn't build any armor! ABORT. ABORT. I REGRET EVERYTHING.'

EarthruneSkarner

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I'll make a note to look into that specific code interaction as Tiamat is weeird. Did you know Tiamat can splash magic damage *if* the autoattack is 100% magic? Tiamat is weeeird.
Will Tiamat be getting another buff with this itemization rehaul? I know that you guys have been slowly buffing it for years now, but it's still not worth the item slot cost, due to the low rate of occurance of the splash on champions.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

One more question:

Will these new items affect armor pen quints/red runes????

It seems like since you adjust how you calculate flat armor pen vs % armor pen you'd also want to nerf flat armor pen runes to compensate.

Yook

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WateryMind View Post
Renek's W states that he's hitting them 2/3 times. It applies 2/3 stacks of TBC.
It also does damage all at once( or maybe thats just how it is displyed) and the black cleaver shreds based on number of instances of physical damage. I know how on hit works, this new shred on ad dmg is strange and I'm not sure how it would work. After seeing xypherous say that graves 3 shot buckshot adds 3 stacks, I could see renektons W adding 2-3 stacks as well, becuase grave's q deals its damage at once in the same way

GrogTheTrollGod

11-07-2012

ABORT I tells ya!

Konpaku Youmu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Will you be removing my ghostblade? Just curious.

Greedily

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Well - Yeah. But then you run up into a 3k HP Mundo and you're like 'Wait a second, you didn't build any armor! ABORT. ABORT.'
LOL.

@Xyph: Any plans for a Haunting Guise upgrade item, or any upgrades for the Tenacity items?

Krìn

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergman View Post
I'm curious specifically if you tried to address build options for non mana users. One of the things I think is great about League is your efforts to create non mana using champions. The problem I run into is many AP items are built from base items that give bonus mana or mana regen.

For example Morello's Evil Tome is a great item because it gives me AP and Cooldown Reduction, but when building for someone such as Katarina I don't get any benefit from the Meki Pendant. Sure I can buy the other items used to build Morello's first and save the Meki for last, but it just feels restrictive and some times I find myself buying an item that for the moment gives me no additional benefit.

Thanks for all you do. I'm excited about all the ideas you guys are working on. I appreciate you guys wanting to make changes and not just stay happy with what you have. Heaven knows you could spend all your time trying to make skins and things that make money instead of improving the feel of the game.
I'm trying to get him to respond to the post I made, about not having AP+Armor items.
Specifically this thread:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2770119

Girnt

11-07-2012

So, Miss Fortune's ult can now apply AOE armor reduction? That might be really good... I'll try it when it comes out!

EarthruneSkarner

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunxor View Post
It also does damage all at once( or maybe thats just how it is displyed) and the black cleaver shreds based on number of instances of physical damage. I know how on hit works, this new shred on ad dmg is strange and I'm not sure how it would work. After seeing xypherous say that graves 3 shot buckshot adds 3 stacks, I could see renektons W adding 2-3 stacks as well, becuase grave's q deals its damage at once in the same way
I can't recall if it does damage all at once or in instances, in either case, it does proc items 2/3x, and that's all that matters.