Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DanielLaneDC

11-07-2012

Haha, MF would proc Black Cleaver potentially on a whole team for the full five stacks. Funny thought.

BGIN0

11-07-2012

I feel like it is a problem with Specialization, for instance u mention that CC will be improved by incoming new items, but actually whether a AP mid champ will select these items instead of damage since I feel like that have damage to burst down a single target in team fight is better than a improved CC, and in other hand will these items will just let the heavy CC champion being dominated in game without any further items? If these new items extended the CC duration, the champions like Amumu, Leona and Alistar.

I feel like new itemization for improving CC will heavily help the mid-game slow ball, since the advantage side can build this item for their heavy CC champions instead of tanky that to keep their dominat position, and also help out their further pushing strategy, for instance Amumu build up with a new items which improved CC instead of tanky and their team can be twr dive so easily and enemy team even don't have any time to response.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-07-2012
6 of 29 Riot Posts

Quote:
So if I buy a Black Cleaver and a Tiamat, will the splash from the Tiamat cause armor reduction?
Based on how it's coded, probably not at the moment - if I think about it. Tiamat has always had kind of odd interactions with stuff like this for a long time.

I'll make a note to look into that specific code interaction as Tiamat is weeird. Did you know Tiamat can splash magic damage *if* the autoattack is 100% magic? Tiamat is weeeird.

Quote:
I feel like it is a problem with Specialization, for instance u mention that CC will be improved by incoming new items, but actually whether a AP mid champ will select these items instead of damage since I feel like that have damage to burst down a single target in team fight is better than a improved CC
The current additional CC adds for Tanks/Mages are slow based and have very use-cases. One is more of a location control basis, while the other one is a search and destroy basis that's much longer ranged.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Buckshot does indeed fire 3 bullets that can proc Black Cleaver 3 times. Graves is an AD Caster.
Talons Q and Urgot's E apply a physical DoT, so will that reapply the Black Cleaver passive each tick?

Yook

11-07-2012

So if I'm not mistaken, Renekton's w empowered will only give 1 shred count for black cleaver?

Ledinax

11-07-2012

Did you look at Moonflair Spellblade and the other non-mercs tenacity items?

MeanFacedJohnny

11-07-2012

Two, or three, questions I am very curious to have answered.

1. You mentioned items to give you a bit more cc. Are we talking an item with an active snare/stun ability? The prospects here scare the dickens out of me good sir.

2. This "free ward" support item, will it be built from a gp10 item? Please say it isn't so.

3. Does this mean the Black Cleaver no longer grants bonus AS? If so my Xin playing friend is probably going to cry.

If any of these are answered you have my thanks in advance, otherwise I guess I'll just have to keep a lookout.

Jadinzero

11-07-2012

hopefully this people open minded when they don't build a champ a certain they are use to seeing, and keep them from raging. =)

Gamers Live On

HolyHammerStrike

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Based on how it's coded, probably not at the moment - if I think about it. Tiamat has always had kind of odd interactions with stuff like this for a long time.

I'll make a note to look into that specific code interaction as Tiamat is weeird. Did you know Tiamat can splash magic damage *if* the autoattack is 100% magic? Tiamat is weeeird.
So Poppy's Q?

DiverMcguyver

11-07-2012

Is magic pen going to be calculated the same way as armor pen in S3?