Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Sah Shi

11-07-2012

Oh! I almost forgot! I did have one other question. Have you given any thought to making Hybrid a more viable build option? And at the very least if you don't have anything right now are you guys thinking of ways to improve Hybrid itemization in the future?

Sh3n0

11-07-2012

Will any champion stats be affected to meet the item changes? With new items, I expect some balance issues. :|

SynicalDeathblow

11-07-2012

Am i the only one who got absolutely no important and specific information out of this post?

Aflaack

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by REIGN IN BL00d View Post
Delete Teemo, Make it happen.
Don't kill Teemo!

kNocturn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Are you going to be balancing champions based on item choices now?

Jumping Salmon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Breadth and Depth

We know that some of your favorite items might be affected by the coming update. Iíll be discussing many specific examples in depth leading up to the patch. If youíd like more information on a specific change, reply to the thread and Iíll answer your question if I can.
First of all, I'd just like to say I am very excited and can't wait to see some of these items! Being able to buy warden's mail (very gold efficient item) without having to buy Omen? Sign me up!

Anyways, my question stems from the role I play most (AP Carry). While I know it's cool to ask about spellvamping AD bruisers, etc, do you have anything lined up for some of the tankier AP mids? Champions like Brand, Malzahar, Elise, Fiddlesticks, Malphite, Morgana, Vlad, Rumble, Syndra, and Ryze are all champions that have to get pretty close to function properly. I feel like, barring some of them with natural defensive abilities/builds (Ryze, Rumble, Morgana, and Vlad), a lot of these Champions could benefit from a Movement Speed + AP item or a item with some resists + decent ap. Rylais gives you pseudo movement speed, but nothing that will actually help in the way I'm looking for.

Sometimes you get a champion like Elise, Malz, Fiddles, and Brand that literally explode the moment they get near an opponent, or simply never catch up to their prey. It really makes the role feel stagnant when your only options are Rod of Ages, Rylais, Abyssal, and Hourglass as tanky AP items. Moreover, if you're getting abyssal for the MR and aura you might aswell get haunting guise, too. That then just drags you in an entirely different direction (you'll want hat to maximize the guise) and you can see the frustration. Having to build GA as your most cost efficient resists item and get no ap from it feels bad. Buying Banshees for the hp/mr and getting no ap feels just as bad when the enemy Darius has his FMallet and Force of Nature/etc. I feel as champion design opens up, you're left with an under-performing role that's mainly due to itemization.

I also understand some champions (Ryze, Morgana, Rumble, and Vlad again) might be too good with more items to choose from, but I don't think this should effect what could be otherwise good champions/picks like Brand/Elise/etc.

Either way, thanks for your time and I can't wait to see more about what's to come!

JiggLyGi

11-07-2012

We just want the new season!!! Stop posting and goooooo s3 goooo

Hornet

11-07-2012

will there be a youmoo's type activation for ranged ADs?

Aflaack

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Sah Shi View Post
Oh! I almost forgot! I did have one other question. Have you given any thought to making Hybrid a more viable build option? And at the very least if you don't have anything right now are you guys thinking of ways to improve Hybrid itemization in the future?
We do have Jax.

FUN HATER

11-07-2012

You spoke in another thread about item premiums going up. Does that mean Malady/Nashor's Tooth might be built on AP champions that scale well with Attack Speed? (Kassadin, Orianna, Diana, Teemo) As of right now, it's a better DPS choice to just build straight AP than a mix of AP and AS.