Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Preseason Itemization Preview

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Th3C0on

12-09-2012

Store Buttons: Buy & Sell
Why are the buttons SO small? There is so much space in the bottom right hand of store? So annoying having to reopen and close store because of numerous misclicks.
Also why is it sell on left buy on right? Before wasn't this reversed. Also annoying if I'm recalling this correctly.
What is the logic behind this layout decision? Accidental selling?

Atelophobia

Recruiter

12-09-2012

FIrst post ever on League forums, wish me luck.

So these item changes...

I like the price drop on the BFS but can someone tell me why they dropped Ionic Spark? I mean, yes, the chain lighting x4 is pretty awesome but I've never really noticed the extra damage. I'm a League noob so all I really thought was that it was good for clearing minions while chasing.

For the masteries...

Loving the Spellsword and Pickpocket masteries. Makes me want play a troll match and just steal from my opponents. Question, does pickpocket affect the amount of gold the enemy champion has? So if I have 90 Gold and he has 110, and I attack him/her/it once. Does that mean I gain 10 gold to make 100 and he loses 10 gold to get 100? Or is it just me making gold, basically stealing money from air.=?

Beaumains

12-09-2012

Quote:
TheEthereality:
FIrst post ever on League forums, wish me luck.

So these item changes...

I like the price drop on the BFS but can someone tell me why they dropped Ionic Spark? I mean, yes, the chain lighting x4 is pretty awesome but I've never really noticed the extra damage. . . .

For the masteries...

Loving the Spellsword and Pickpocket masteries. Makes me want play a troll match and just steal from my opponents. Question, does pickpocket affect the amount of gold the enemy champion has? So if I have 90 Gold and he has 110, and I attack him/her/it once. Does that mean I gain 10 gold to make 100 and he loses 10 gold to get 100? Or is it just me making gold, basically stealing money from air.=?

Pickpocket is pure bonus gold, the kill should still be worth the same. This is to give supports (who often do the harassing early game) more incentive and gold income to offset "burdens" that have been placed on them.

Ionic Spark was removed because it was a "noob trap" because it really only synergized with a few champs, and even then not very well. It has been replaced with Statikk Shiv (which may be unbalancing), which should be better all around - only time will tell for sure on that one.

Black and Yellow

12-10-2012

hey the passive on the black cleaver is not UNIQUE passive ? euhhhhhh it should be....

t0onAmi

12-10-2012

I hope this helps with the revamp for season 3 also that this is the right part of the forum as it was not mentioned that you wanted input on the interface itself.

Let me start by saying i Love the direction the game is going with all the new items and even the change to the gameplay UI doesn't bother me that much. I've been playing since season one so I've seen a couple ui changes in the past. But the Shop ui changes really bother me and i don't think that I am the only one who feels this way. The old shop was largely icon based and you could easily recognize the items right away. The new shop, for those of us who have been playing for a while, I think is too hard to get used to after we have already gotten use to the old icon search. Now we have multiple pages at once and checklists, along with the brand new items that I'm really excited about. It's just too much to throw out all at once. Maybe we can go to the new style in a few more patches but I feel like we need time to get to know the new items first.

There was one thing that i saw that i really liked and that was the builds tab. Giving hope that maybe we will be able to pre make multiple item builds before a game starts and then we can just follow our build to completion. But I think that right now, the key problems are that the icons are too small and there are too many unnecessary spaces that clog up the visual appearance making it harder to find items in a fast paced game setting.

Black and Yellow

12-10-2012

I dont like the item shard of true ice. Well, i like the combo with the mana manipulator a lot, a couple supports need it, but the active skill on it sux. I use it only once every 5 games... its too hard to use it on a meelee. When you try to do it on a meelee for saving the person you have to be out positioned and instead of saving him you often die with him... You can use the item for engaging a 5v5 too but 95% of the time the meelee teammate run too fast and is out of range.

I would prefer the item without the active skill and with + 1 or + 2 gold per 10 sec and something else like maybe +5 % run speed or more ap with an extra item at 435 or 860 gold to make it...

An item for giving 1 or 2 % run speed to allies around us would be nice too and another one with an active skill heal on it (single target) (flat healing or maybe something like based on our total mana...)

Ryvanz

12-11-2012

I think that the Athene's Unholy Grail nerf might be a bit much. Dropping the AP by a third from 90 to 60 is very significant. It's not like the item was even overused, pretty much the only champs that got it were the champs that spam spells and need a ton of regen. The problem is you nerfed an item that those champs still have to buy, (you did not give them any alternative item) so really what you really did was nerf the champs that have to have Unholy Grail. If you feel the need to nerf it why not reduce the AP by 10, (that would be reasonable) reducing the AP by 30, a third of the total seems like overkill.

Shanghaiii

12-11-2012

Quick question on some unique auras. I noticed some items such as the Runic Bulwark has a footnote that says it does not stack with the same name. Need a bit of clarification. And I can't sift through 190 odd pages...sorry if its a repeat.

Does it mean the champion who has 2 of the same item cannot get the double benefits {which is what I am thinking}? Or does it mean 2 champions on the same team having 1 same item cannot receive the benefits of the aura-stacking?

Black and Yellow

12-11-2012

Shanghaiii: 2 legion (bulwark) aura is suppose to stack if 2 different teammates bought it. Its not working if you have 2 inside your own inventory (and the aura is 2 person max, i mean 2 items)

Ryvanz: athene was op. All mid using mana need that item, it give infinite mana, cooldown, and some mr for the laning phase all at the same time. Right now, with the new patch, we can start using the good old archangel staff again too because of the upgrade at 750 mana and some build based on max mana with the other new items but otherwise, athene pas op.

Psycho Pretzel

12-12-2012

Dat Black Cleaver